StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: The Complete Bliss of Homebrewing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-04-2014, 03:57 PM)Mark Wrote: [ -> ]Mike, do you like the Brew Bucket? I am thinking that may be my next investment.

Love it...closed transfer, not having to sanitize an awkward auto siphon, being able to dump hops in an open top, extremely easy cleaning... Washing yeast isn't difficult either.
Nice! I definitely think I'm gonna order one.
(05-04-2014, 04:17 PM)Mark Wrote: [ -> ]Nice! I definitely think I'm gonna order one.

I'm thinking I should wait until I get a batch or two done first... LOL!
Good stuff guys!
Saison is fermenting like a beast. Just ramped the temp up to 75 for 3-4 days. Will bump it up to the mid to high 80's after that for a week to finish up and get the gravity down. Its gonna be a long 3 months waiting to bottle this baby up.
Just ordered a couple carboys, some hops, and some grains my local store doesn't carry... Labor Day brewing session if everything comes in this week!!
nobody is casual about any of there hobbies here i see
Just mashed in an American IPA. Been having some trouble as of late with my IPA's and not getting the crisp hop flavor I'm looking for, so the only way to fix that is to brew more!
Nice Mark! What are you doing different then before?
(05-25-2014, 12:17 PM)NickDrista Wrote: [ -> ]Nice Mark! What are you doing different then before?

Simplified my water chemistry. Didn't really adjust anything besides adding a little gypsum to the boil. Been reading a lot on Hot Side Aeration and the effect down the line so I checked everything and found a pretty significant leak near my pump. It was on the suction, so no liquid would leak out, but it was pulling a ton of air in during the whole mash. Also decided to forgo doing any whirlpool hop stands and tried to chill the wort as fast as possible. I also decided to do a partial batch sparge instead of my normal fly sparge to try to eliminate any astringency being pulled from the mash during the latter part of the mash.

I should have tried all of these on separate brew days to try to narrow it down. If this doesn't work I'm gonna brew my Kolsch year round, I at least know I have that one nailed! lol