StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: The Complete Bliss of Homebrewing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today was a bit of a flop. Because of record rainfall, we kept the lid on our barleywine the duration of the boil, so it didn't concentrate down. We did end up with 7 gallons of what will be "Rainy Day Woman #1" which we will treat as a double IPA.
OG 1.070.

[Image: null-120.jpg]

[Image: null-121.jpg]
Just added some gelatin to my Kolsch! Can't wait to try this one...
(07-29-2013, 06:56 PM)NickDrista Wrote: [ -> ]Just added some gelatin to my Kolsch! Can't wait to try this one...

Neither can I!
(07-29-2013, 06:56 PM)NickDrista Wrote: [ -> ]Just added some gelatin to my Kolsch! Can't wait to try this one...

Nice!

You will have to bring over a growler so I can try it and see how good of a "clone" it is.
(07-29-2013, 07:04 PM)Mark Wrote: [ -> ]

Nice!

You will have to bring over a growler so I can try it and see how good of a "clone" it is.

Yes or you could just come over to try it. I know it's 2 hours away and all but it's a quick drive. Haha
(07-29-2013, 07:11 PM)NickDrista Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-29-2013, 07:04 PM)Mark Wrote: [ -> ]

Nice!

Yes or you could just come over to try it. I know it's 2 hours away and all but it's a quick drive. Haha

Well maybe if I ever got an invite I would! Tongue
Just left the local HB store and picked up my supplies for my brew on Sunday! It's gonna be an Octoberfest ale as I don't have the lager equipment or time at thus point!!!
(08-21-2013, 01:14 PM)NickDrista Wrote: [ -> ]Just left the local HB store and picked up my supplies for my brew on Sunday! It's gonna be an Octoberfest ale as I don't have the lager equipment or time at thus point!!!

Nice!! Cant wait to try it. You may have to bottle a 12 pack for Sh!tty Shacks OFest!
If I do a 3 week fermentation it will be ready. I think it will be just about that long
It's brew day!! Steeping the grains right now. Almost ready for the boil.

One problem though. Mark I am going to have to owe you that auto siphon. I can't get a siphon going with just the stainless steel thing. I will try but it's not looking good. Haha. We gotta put a spout on my boil pot!!!