Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Masons in the house?
(01-21-2011, 10:18 AM)wtfdic Wrote: Very nice guys!

I should know in a few days if my application was accepted.

Mike, just curious if you have heard anything yet.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
I have not heard anything. That was starting to concern me yesterday. I was thinking about giveing them a call and seeing whats up.
--Mike
(02-01-2011, 08:20 AM)wtfdic Wrote: I have not heard anything. That was starting to concern me yesterday. I was thinking about giveing them a call and seeing whats up.

They heard you hang with Mahk.Tongue
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(02-01-2011, 08:38 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote:
(02-01-2011, 08:20 AM)wtfdic Wrote: I have not heard anything. That was starting to concern me yesterday. I was thinking about giveing them a call and seeing whats up.

They heard you hang with Mahk.Tongue

That could be the problem.
--Mike

I wouldn't worry too much, Mike. Freemasonry is an old institution, and that is about how it runs...sloooooooow. There have been a few of our candidates that have had to wait a month or so before being voted on and initiated. We only hold meetings once a month, so if an application is submitted right after a stated meeting then it will take a full month before it is read. Then the investigation folks come out so that the candidate can be voted on the next month (and this is lightning fast...LOL!). Finally, it may take another month before the first degree ceremony takes place. The reason Masons are so old is that it took them that damn long to get into the lodge. (okay, I am exaggerating a bit...but not too much).

It certainly wouldn't hurt to give them a call, but I am sure they would be honored to have you as a member (Mahk or no Mahk).
(01-24-2011, 09:30 PM)Paddry69 Wrote:
(01-24-2011, 04:03 AM)The Diamond Lion Wrote: There was never and should never be any question as to how much you have; it just doesn't matter.

Well said Lion. I was taught that we should regard no man for his worldly wealth or honors; and that it is the internal, and not the external qualifications, which recommend a man to be made a Mason.

I will be honest, after initiation this really takes a deeper meaning than can ever be uttered in words.

Yes Bill, Doug and other brothers I'm working hard on my homework. I just have too much school work as well. Masonic reading has actually become my pleasure reading.

Best of luck to you Jan. Word of advice, DONT EYEBALL THE GOAT! hahaha
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
So I reached out to the lodge today to see what was up with my application. They told me they would be balloting this Wednesday but they did not see any porblems with my application.
--Mike
good news Mike.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Great to hear, Mike! Let us know how it goes.
Good news indeed!