Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Pepper King
Wow Jimmie I am so sorry , thoughts and prayers are with you and your family
Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words, texts and phone calls. I'll try to answer them when I have more time.

I think Mario said it best in his post.

Uncle Angelo died with dignity in his home and that is something my cousin (his daughter) and I feel good about. He also died while I was holding his hand. At 5:30PM his daughter came over to give him some morphine and I told her it wasn't necessary.

I then walked over to inform his brother. His brother (Jimmie) gave me a hug and thanked me for all of my help. He is the only left from my father's family.

Thanks to my cousin Tony, I got fairly drunk on Jonnie Walker Blue that night as my west coast friends can attest to.

Unfortunately, the army cemetery does not bury their veterans on weekends so our viewing is Sunday with a burial on Monday. It gives us some time to get everything ready.

Again, thank you, much appreciated.

A special thanks to Tonto.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(09-12-2012, 04:38 PM)Maduro PiPs Wrote: When the message came yesterday of the Great Pepper Master passing, a deep sadness came over me. I am close with the Mum and have heard all the great stories about the peppers and the garden and the traditions of Uncle Angelo! He always had his own way and technique of doing things and was a true mentor for Jimmie. Jimmie was very close with Uncle Angelo and this is a tremendous loss. When he became sick recently and was battling through chemo, only Uncle Angelo would give the Mum instructions, while in the hospital, to keep an eye on the eggplants and make sure he waters them! Till the end, he always had passion for the things he loved.

I became to know Uncle Angelo thru the Mum with the great and funny stories. He was a great man that I know my friend will deeply miss. He fought till the end and now will no longer suffer. He lived a long life and although he will be greatly missed, he is in a better place now.

Always continue the tradition Jimmie, like I know you will. Keep those gardens flourishing in honor of Uncle Angelo cause he will be watching and always will be with you. Stay strong my friend.

Beautiful words Mario. Very fitting.

The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Sorry to hear this Jimmie... May he be gathered into the arms of his Folk.
It's hard to keep a good man down.

Check Out Our Blog: www.andthatiswhatheshesaid.blogspot.com

cigars, restaurants, and more!!!

All your ashtrays are belong to us!
I am so sorry to read this Jimmie. I was too busy earlier today. I wish comfort to you and yours.
It's been a year but the memories live on..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
That's what good memories are for....they live on forever !!!!

I'll drink a toast to The Great Pepper King tonight !!!!!
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.
Steven Wright
(09-11-2013, 02:19 PM)SJS Wrote: That's what good memories are for....they live on forever !!!!

me as well
(09-11-2013, 02:36 PM)NickDrista Wrote:
(09-11-2013, 02:19 PM)SJS Wrote: That's what good memories are for....they live on forever !!!!

me as well

and me too
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
They are never truly gone when their memories stay with those who they meant so much too.

You are all in our thoughts Jimmie
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why