StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Nicaraguan San Cristobal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Anxious to try this cigar, after having ordered a box, I bought a classico yesterday at my local shop and smoked it while walking the streets of Manhattan.

Here are my thoughts.

The cigar had a magnificent pre-light aroma. Nothing short of delicious. The label is quite impressive (along the lines of the ESG) and the cigars construction is about as fine as you will find anywhere on any cigar. I toasted the foot and was greeted with a thick cloud of white tasty smoke. Loaded with spice that included pepper, vanilla, leather and some sweetness. Then, around the 4th or 5th puff I began to notice a new taste. It was a youngness in the leafs. Too young for sure.

Anyway, the cigar continued to burn flawlessly. The ash was tight, the smoke was plentiful. The flavor never quit. Just one complaint, they seemed to rush this out the door. I think it needs a few months of quiet time to mellow out.

(noteworthy, I had wandered back to the store where I bought it and they asked me how I liked it... I found myself saying it was great, however no greater than a VSG... hmmm...)

In short I suggest you try a few. They are that good. But let them rest.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:Anxious to try this cigar, after having ordered a box, I bought a classico yesterday at my local shop and smoked it while walking the streets of Manhattan.

Here are my thoughts.

The cigar had a magnificent pre-light aroma. Nothing short of delicious. The label is quite impressive (along the lines of the ESG) and the cigars construction is about as fine as you will find anywhere on any cigar. I toasted the foot and was greeted with a thick cloud of white tasty smoke. Loaded with spice that included pepper, vanilla, leather and some sweetness. Then, around the 4th or 5th puff I began to notice a new taste. It was a youngness in the leafs. Too young for sure.

Anyway, the cigar continued to burn flawlessly. The ash was tight, the smoke was plentiful. The flavor never quit. Just one complaint, they seemed to rush this out the door. I think it needs a few months of quiet time to mellow out.

(noteworthy, I had wandered back to the store where I bought it and they asked me how I liked it... I found myself saying it was great, however no greater than a VSG... hmmm...)

In short I suggest you try a few. They are that good. But let them rest.

I agree with all you said on these Skip.  I find them somewhere between a VSG and maybe the Blue Label from Pepin which I guess makes sense.

Nice review
Sounds good Skip!  Just ordered a 5 pack of the robustos... looking forward to trying them.
thanks for the write-up! i've been curious as hell about these. sounds like it'll be a fine smoke in 6 months or so.
Need to have one with you Skip, that is if I ever leave the beach?
Skipper, what would you say are these mild/medium/strong?
Med to full
fishhound Wrote:Med to full
yup
Thanks for the review...   these sound worth a try!
MaytagMan Wrote:Thanks for the review...   these sound worth a try!
They are indeed.  Had the robusto size and am a fan.  Try it.  You'll like it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7