Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Sky Skiing
(02-25-2011, 10:32 AM)CigarJohn Wrote: Great pictures and only Tank would be smoking a cigar on the chair ride back up the mountain wounder what everyone around him thought of that Smile Thanks for the call that day brother always great catching up.

Yeah I got some looks when I carved some runs with a Morton in my mouth! I was on a two mile run and at altitude it was kicking my arse. My quads were burning and I was breathing deeper. And of course I was inhaling cigar smoke. Yeah I had to take some stops on the way down to finish the cigar.

Beautiful pics my friend! Glad you enjoyed a day to yourself, doing something you love to do!!!
"Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace."
Raul Julia

R.I.P: Angel F. Tamame, Deb Krekovich, John Axisa, Jr.
Wow, thanks for sharing..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Wow, I'm jealous!!!
Gorgeous pics Daryn!
This is my boomstick!
Here was that Ram as I was coming up along him.
[Image: IMG_7956.jpg]

I got done with work one day at about 4pm and decided to snowshoe a trail in the Yellowstone Valley! I brought my Canon EOS Rebel with telephoto in case I saw any wild game off in the distance. Well as you can see, the game found me. Here are some Big Horn Sheep starting with the ewes.

I did not move and they came walking up on me. Mind you I worked my way up a mountain trail and stumbled onto feeding grounds.

[Image: IMG_7961.jpg]

[Image: ?action=view&current=IMG_7966.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7966.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7968.jpg]

As a hunter of big game, you only hope you can draw a tag for one of these much less get one. And out of the trees my once-in-a-lifetime chance has me with camera in hand to share with all of you!

[Image: IMG_7969.jpg]

He had no clue I was there!
[Image: IMG_7970.jpg]

He was looking, but I was wearing all white snow camo!
[Image: IMG_7972.jpg]

Figuring I was no threat, he moved on right to me.
[Image: IMG_7984.jpg]

He is not as large or as old as the Ram I saw on the road. But what a nice trophy nonetheless. And to find him on his grounds.

[Image: IMG_7982.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7981.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7976.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7977.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7980.jpg]

AWESOME pics to say the least!!! The beauty of nature! The Tankster doesn't just "stumble onto their feeding grounds"... He can sniff them out!!! Tongue But...I'll bet if it were hunting season and you were out with your rifle, it would have been harder to find them. It always seems as though the animals know when it's hunting season!
"Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace."
Raul Julia

R.I.P: Angel F. Tamame, Deb Krekovich, John Axisa, Jr.
Wow, that ram is cool as hell!
This is my boomstick!