Poll: Who will win
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Griffin in an early decisive victory
25.00%
2 25.00%
Griffin by decision
50.00%
4 50.00%
Evans in an early decisive victory
0%
0 0%
Evans by decision
25.00%
2 25.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UFC 92
YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #b9af9f"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #b9af9f" 

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #b9af9f"Forest had to tap!!!! I was wondering about that chin of his.
The first round was really a draw.  But give it to the champ cause he was the champ.   Great boxing on Griffin's part and some hurtful leg kicks.   Evans was no slouch though.

Second round Griffin was more aggressive and won the round on aggressivness.   Third round Griffin looked as if Evans caught his leg kick and Griffin went down.   Griffin went for a Kimura and a numerous triangles but Evans was impressive in posturing up and out.   Griffin was able to pull him back in close as Evans went up but Evans kept the bombs coming.

Just too many bombs and Evans postured up onto his feet over Griffin and landed numerous shots straight into Griffins face.   Griffin was actually tapping as the ref stopped the fight 2 minutes into the 3rd round.
Mike you and I called this one!  [thumbsup]
i cant believe forst lost. It's going to hurt to watch this one.

That rematch should be good.
I was really rooting for Forest, and it was tough to see him lose.  Initially I suspected that Evans would win on strikes, but after Forest's strong showing in the second round, I thought he had a chance.  The third round he just seemed to fall apart once he was taken down.

Even though it sucked to see Forest lose, it was great to see what a good guy he was in defeat.  He gave full respect to Evans, and didn't make up a bunch of excuses the way so many fighters do after losing.

Brad
Yeah it was very tough for me to see Forrest lose.   As I feared Evans would be too strong for him if it got to the ground despite Forrest's heart, grit, and wriley determination.
evans is shit.  plain and simple.  always was.  always will be.  he's everything that's wrong with this sport, the nba and every other organized sport.  grabbing his dick halfway through the second round.  talking crap at the instructions.  again he can't go over to his opponent after a victory.  he's crap.  plain and simple and isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is or as he's played up. 

if griffin had any power to speak of he would've taken evans head off as he ate several good exchanges.  he eats more legs than john madden at a wings eating competition.  here's an idea.  lift your effing front leg.  better yet jam the wheel kick.  please.  his ground game is rudimentary at best.  griffin had several solid opportunities on the ground and almost sealed a triangle on two occasions.   

he's another banger.  loads up and swings.  ground and pound.  kind of funny to see him and rampage jackson on the same card.  same limited fighter.  evans is simply a younger mark 2 version of jackson.  nothing special.  nothing unique.  big right hand.  typical gansta pos.  next.

i eagerly look forward to whomever beats this schmuck and then takes a dump on his unconscious ass in the center of the ring. 

god i hate this guy.
???? *shaking my head* 

Why don't you say what you REALLY feel RobConfusedhock:?! And think about it..if Evans is THAT bad, how good or bad is the rest of the competition? Remember, he is undefeated.

And before you get started on another rant about the old timers being better.. take a second to really think about it. Do you REALLY believe the sport hasn't progressed in the last 15yrs???
jeht2000 Wrote:???? *shaking my head* 

Why don't you say what you REALLY feel RobConfusedhock:?! And think about it..if Evans is THAT bad, how good or bad is the rest of the competition? Remember, he is undefeated.

And before you get started on another rant about the old timers being better.. take a second to really think about it. Do you REALLY believe the sport hasn't progressed in the last 15yrs???

just the opposite.  i think the sport has regressed.  in its inception it was conceived as a matchup of different disciplines to see which was superior in a sport combat setting.  from there it evolved to a more unified skill set of octagon applicable techniques and styles.  today the vast majority of the sport is bangers who are better suited to a bar than a ring.  i would put bas ruten against anybody in the history of the sport.  period.  shit.  benny the jet would kill rashard evans.  it went from a purist truly MIXED martial arts to dana white smelling the dough and selling out to the knockout. 

and as for the evans competition thing.  i agree with you 100%.  the competition is diluted and inconsistent. 
jeht2000 Wrote:???? *shaking my head* 

They all thought Tyson was undefeatable too. But, in this sport big hands are less of a tool than in boxing. someone will destroy this guy then that will be the end of him. In fact I think Griffin is the man for the job. He is smart (he just shares the name and sounds like Forest Gump). He will watch the tapes and figure this out then make short work of him.