Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Cigar Journey
I cracked the driver's window and that does the job. I made a new template to notate everything on so it's not to bad.
[Image: 20230210-153730.jpg]
Cigar Review Sheet

Date: 02/09/23                                                                                       Wrapper Origin: Nicaragua
Cigar Brand: Nub Cain                                                                             Wrapper Color: Maduro 
Cigar Name: Maduro                                                                               Filler Type(s): Nicaragua
Manufacturer:                                                                                         Build Quality: 8
Cigar Size: 4x60                                                                                     Shape: Gordo
Gift/Purchased: Cigar Page                                                                      Rest/Age: 4 Weeks
Cost:  $7                                                                                                Strength: Full

Review

Drink: AK47 by Black Rifle Coffee / Splash of F.V. Creamer
Where: Driving

Unlit
[Image: 20230218-060832.jpg]
Smell: Nice pleasant smell                                                                       Cold Draw: Medium
Flavor Of Cap:
Notes: Cigar has lots of small to med size veins in the wrapper
                                                                   1st 3rd

Smell: Tobacco / With a distinct smell not sure were i notice it from.             Draw: Medium
Taste: Flavor starting to get stronger                                                         Ash: Light grey and uniform
Notes:                                                                                                    Burn:  Even

2nd 3rd
[Image: 20230218-060907.jpg]

Smell: Smell is getting stronger and really intrigued by the smell                     Draw: Medium 
Taste: Really starting to kick up the flavor                                                     Ash: Light grey 
Notes:                                                                                                       Burn:  Even

3rd 3rd
[Image: 20230218-061001.jpg]

Smell: Has a strong but pleasant smell                                                         Draw: Medium 
Taste: Strong and with a swift kick                                                              Ash: Light grey 
Notes:                                                                                                     Burn:  Slightly uneven

Final Impressions

Was a great cigar and will enjoy having another one. Not sure were I notice the smell and taste from but i like it and will be putting this on my must have list.
I smoked many a Nub & I loved the Cain series.
Lots of black pepper especially on the retrohale. Tons of smoke with a coffee & light chocolate taste on the palate.
Glad you enjoyed it.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Mavric, looking at your list in the 1st post, most of the cigars have a RG from roughly 50-60 (a few exceptions)...

Do you have a preferred RG?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
(02-18-2023, 01:19 PM)Tonto Wrote: Mavric, looking at your list in the 1st post, most of the cigars have a RG from roughly 50-60 (a few exceptions)...

Do you have a preferred RG?

Other then during the summer I normally stick closer to the 4x38 with nubs being a close second. But most samplers are larger size cigars. So I went with what I could get. Not sure how much that helps, I mostly pick the size by how much time I have and what I am doing.
Cigar Review Sheet

Date: 02/21/23                                                                                       Wrapper: Habano 
                                                                                                           Origin: Nicaragua
Cigar Brand: Megilla                                                                               Wrapper Color: Maduro 
Cigar Name: Gorilla                                                                                Filler Type(s): Nicaraguan
Manufacturer:                                                                                         Build Quality: 9
Cigar Size: 6x60                                                                                     Shape: Gordo
Gift/Purchased: Cigar Page                                                                      Rest/Age: 5 Weeks
Cost:  $7                                                                                                Strength: Full

Review

Drink: AK47 by Black Rifle Coffee / Splash of F.V. Creamer
Where: Tunning my bike

Unlit

Smell: Nice pleasant smell                                                                       Cold Draw: Medium
Flavor Of Cap:
Notes: 
                                                                   1st 3rd
[Image: 20230221-175354.jpg]
Smell: new smell that i could not quit place                                                Draw: Medium
Taste: Strong                                                                                          Ash: Light grey and uniform
Notes: Cigar started with a strong punch                                                   Burn:  Even

2nd 3rd

[Image: 20230221-180658.jpg]
Smell: nice strong full smell                                                                         Draw: Medium 
Taste: Got a little bit of a woody tases off and on                                           Ash: Light grey 
Notes: Cigar slowly getting stronger                                                                                                      Burn:  Even

3rd 3rd
[Image: 20230221-180634.jpg]

Smell: Very think robust smell                                                                    Draw: Medium 
Taste: Cigar was very strong towards the end                                              Ash: Light grey 
Notes: Cigar started to not want to stay fully lit                                           Burn:  Even

Final Impressions

Overall I liked this cigar, a little to strong for me towards the end and had to let it go out shortly before the band. About an inch before the band the cigar did not want to stay fully lit. Not sure if this was because I was reaching my limit and not puffing on it the same or if it was the cigar.  If you like a strong cigar this might just be the one for you.
Drew Estates Nica Rustic

This one is going to be short and sweet persay. If you are a stogie smoker looking for nicotine poisoning let me introduce you to Nica Rustic by Drew Estates.  I knew I was in trouble about an inch into the cigar. So i went and made a cup of coffee. But alas this cigar had my number and I only made it about 1/3 of the way through it before letting it go out.
[Image: 20230222-151445.jpg]
[Image: 20230222-155008.jpg]
Have you tried drinking something different, besides coffee?

Maybe experiment a little...keep the cigars the same & try them with different drinks, to see what works best.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Gave my self a 30min break then lit her back up on my way to work. Wow wow wow this cigar is strong and bold to the max.
[Image: 20230222-170546.jpg]
(02-22-2023, 04:40 PM)Tonto Wrote: Have you tried drinking something different, besides coffee?

Maybe experiment a little...keep the cigars the same & try them with different drinks, to see what works best.

I dont really drink anything sugary anymore. So most of the time it will be water, coffee, beer or whiskey as the drink of choice.