Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Cigar Journey
Have you thought about smoking the same cigar, but one using a punch & the other a cutter (like a Xikar)?
See if it has any effect on the smoking of the cigar? (maybe different flavors, how it burns, etc.)
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
(02-02-2023, 06:53 PM)Tonto Wrote: Have you thought about smoking the same cigar, but one using a punch & the other a cutter (like a Xikar)?
See if it has any effect on the smoking of the cigar? (maybe different flavors, how it burns, etc.)

Yes, I have atleast 2 of most of the cigars. I was going to come back to them and try a v cut. Not a fan of straight cut unless it's on a smaller ring gauge cigar. Do you think I should try the same cigar one or two days apart or come back to it later?
If you take notes on the first one & have the same drink etc then it probably wouldn’t matter.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Just noticed this morning that cigarpage has special deals on those Untitleds, & also Habana & Maduro versions
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I seen that not sure if I want to pick any up.
Love the journey, thanks for keeping us informed.
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Cigar Review Sheet
[Image: 20230210-074624.jpg]
Date: 02/08/23                                                      Wrapper Origin: Connecticut
Cigar Brand: Acid                                                   Wrapper Color: Dark Brown
Cigar Name: Blondie Maduro                                   Filler Type(s): Nicaraguan
Manufacturer: Drew Estates Build                            Quality: 7
Cigar Size: 4x38 Shape:
Gift/Purchased: Cigar Page                                     Rest/Age: 3 Weeks
Cost: $4.00 Strength: Mild

Review

Drink: Just Black by Black Rifle Coffee (black)
Where: Driving

Unlit

Smell: Tobacco                                                          Cold Draw: Medium / tobacco taste
Flavor Of Cap: Slightly Sweet
Notes: Cigar evenly rolled with one small soft spot and a small
piece of wrapper coming apart at the foot of the cigar.

1st 3rd

Smell:                                                                         Draw: Even Medium Draw
Taste: Smooth Tobacco taste with slight sweetness         Ash: Grey with areas of black
Notes: Burn: Slightly uneven
[Image: 20230209-170609.jpg]
                                                         2nd 3rd

Smell: Mild tobacco / Roasted                                         Draw: Same
Taste: Slightly roasted tobacco                                        Ash: Same
Notes: Had to relight once noticed some tunneling           Burn:  Even
[Image: 20230209-170540.jpg]
                                                        3rd 3rd

Smell: Smooth and sweet                                              Draw: Same
Taste: Tobacco with a touch of fruit and nuts                   Ash: Same
Notes:                                                                         Burn:  Slightly 
[Image: 20230209-170459.jpg]
                                               Final Impressions
Cigar was some what enjoyable, but so far prefer the Blondie Natural more.
Spent 2 days creating a review sheet and the format dose not agree here (face palm)
Cigar Review Sheet

Date: 02/09/23                                                                                       Wrapper Origin: Connecticut Shade / Sumatra
Cigar Brand: Nub Nuance                                                                         Wrapper Color: Dark Brown
Cigar Name: Triple Roast                                                                          Filler Type(s): Dominican Republic
Manufacturer:                                                                                         Build Quality: 9
Cigar Size: 4x60                                                                                     Shape: Nub
Gift/Purchased: Cigar Page                                                                      Rest/Age: 3 Weeks
Cost:  $8                                                                                                Strength: Full

[Image: 20230209-155914.jpg]                                                               Review

Drink: Beyond Black by Black Rifle Coffee / Splash of F.V. Creamer
Where: Driving

Unlit

Smell: Nice chocolate smell                                                                        Cold Draw: Firm
Flavor Of Cap:
Notes:
                                                                   1st 3rd

Smell: Tobacco & Chocolate                                                                        Draw: Firm
Taste: Strong, Bitter, light sweetness in smoke                                              Ash: Light grey and uniform
Notes:                                                                                                      Burn:  Even
[Image: 20230209-164037.jpg]
                                                                   2nd 3rd

Smell: Did not notice anything that stuck out                                               Draw: Medium firm
Taste: Strong roasted flavor                                                                       Ash: Light grey 
Notes:                                                                                                     Burn:  Even

[Image: 20230209-164115.jpg]

3rd 3rd

Smell: Same                                                                                             Draw: Medium 
Taste:                                                                                                      Ash: Light grey 
Notes: Tongue feels strange                                                                       Burn:  Slightly uneven
[Image: 20230209-164142.jpg]

Final Impressions

Bold and a strong cigar

Going to try it with a more lightly roasted coffee as is
was an over powering fight between the two.
Always like smoking a Nub now & then. Nice review.

Smoking in the car & doing a review can't be easy. I usually crack the driver's window & the back passenger window.
That gets the smoke completely out of the car, unless you smoked it while riding the bike. Lol
Honorary Shield Brother