Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oliva Serie V Churchill
I generally tend to turn to Churchills myself.  Not one to buy a box until I try; I recently ordered an Oliva V Churchill to see if I liked it. 

I tend to agree with a lot of what you said regarding this smoke.  Mine was woodsy and cedary at first then progressed to a fuller, slightly sweet smoke.  I really enjoyed the taste and like others have said I will be crossing off a few brands off from my list.

My compliments to Oliva as I thought that this cigar was very well rolled and constructed in comparison to some other cigars I have tried.  My draw was perfect and my ash had the potential to be phenominal until I yet again knocked it off prematurely.  I even had a stranger make a complementary statement to me on how nice the Oliva V looked.

I am ready to buy more now!
Got 1 from Bailey and I am placing and order on Friday. This stick should do very well in the humi + the reviews have been off the chart. Does anybody want to do a big box split?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

How big are we talking here Terry?
How big are we talking here Terry?
How many and what do you want! I'm thinkin about the torp and the lancero.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

I have two more of these Churchill's in my humidor.  I have to go to surprise 40th party tonight.  Just might have to bring one along.  I think it would be a good night for an Oliva V.  Big Grin
macallan2 Wrote:I'm a BIG fan of this line!  I plan to put a few boxes down to see what they're like in a year plus.  Like you said, subtle flavors that I think may come out more overall with some nap time and a chance to meld a bit.  Try the lancero!Wink

nice review

I've tried the belicoso and the lancero.  The beli was outstanding and the lancero was even more outstanding.  I also have a few double toros in the humi.  Oliva never disappoints and the Serie V has upped the ante.

The Serie V lancero is an amazing smoke.  I'm having a tough time recalling any cigar I've enjoyed more in recent memory.