StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Oliva Serie V Churchill
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Oliva Serie V
Churchill Extra
7-1/2 x 52
Wrapper/Binder/Filler: Nicaragua
Date: 11/05/07
Smoke Time: 91 min.

[Image: olivaV-001.jpg]

Prelight:
A perfect caramel-brown wrapper with a triple cap.  Very smooth with no major veins or blemishes at all.  The prelight aroma was cedar with a touch of what I can best describe as a sweetness.  I clipped with my Palio, and the draw was absolutely perfect.  The prelight flavor was mainly herbal tea, with a slight hint of spiciness on the lips.

1/3:
There was excellent smoke volume right away.  The cigar was really pretty smooth overall at the beginning…  it actually took me a few puff to be able to be able to isolate any flavors at all.  The flavors were quite subtle – a bit of wet hay along with straight tobacco flavors.  There was just a little bit of spiciness – not the pinpoint intense bite of a black pepper spiciness, but more of a sensation of it coating my tongue.

[Image: olivaV-002.jpg]

2/3:
Not much of a change in the flavors, but the strength is evolving.  The smooth flavors intensified slightly, and the ligero is starting to kick in a little bit more.  Though still subtle, there is a tingling at the tip of my tongue, and the Nic kick started, along with a hint of cinnamon at my lips.

[Image: olivaV-003.jpg]

3/3:
The strength continues to intensify, with the subtle flavors continuing.  There seem to be two distinct layers to the over all flavor – the evolving strength in the background is balanced nicely by the subtle and smooth foreground flavors.  This continued until at started to heat up at about one inch, and I put it down.

Overall:
A good cigar with an interesting balance of flavors.  I enjoyed experiencing the two layers of flavor play against each other, and look forward to trying some other sizes.

I'm a BIG fan of this line!  I plan to put a few boxes down to see what they're like in a year plus.  Like you said, subtle flavors that I think may come out more overall with some nap time and a chance to meld a bit.  Try the lancero!Wink

nice review
great review and some sweet footage, maytag. ashamed to say i haven't tried the V series yet. will do soon.
loved the review and agree completely. As I have often said of this cigar, it has caused me to take many other cigars off my list. Some got put on my unsmokable list.
Very nice review, Bill. I'm a fan of this line as well, great cigar. I have not tried that viola as of yet, but I love the double robustos, and the belicosos.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:loved the review and agree completely. As I have often said of this cigar, it has caused me to take many other cigars off my list. Some got put on my unsmokable list.

As many of you know, I couldn't aree more. I'm a big fan and I have every size of the V. If anyone wants to try one just PM me and I'll get one out to you.

Love the churchill and especially the Lanceros..
Very nice review.  Bailey gifted me one and I loved it. 
Excellent review. I love this line also with my favorite being the torpedo. If you havent tried a torpedo yet I highly recommend doing it.
BaileyCAO Wrote:Excellent review. I love this line also with my favorite being the torpedo. If you havent tried a torpedo yet I highly recommend doing it.
I will definitely pick up a few when I get back from Reno this weekend....  Cool
Nice review MTM, I am a big fan of the lanceros, those bigg suckas scare meBig Grin

great job and cant wait to hear your thoughts on other sizes
Pages: 1 2