StogieChat Cigar Forum
Oliva Serie V Churchill - Printable Version

+- StogieChat Cigar Forum (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Cigars (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Cigar Reviews (https://www.stogiechat.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Oliva Serie V Churchill (/thread-11176.html)

Pages: 1 2

- MaytagMan - 11-09-2007

Oliva Serie V
Churchill Extra
7-1/2 x 52
Wrapper/Binder/Filler: Nicaragua
Date: 11/05/07
Smoke Time: 91 min.

[Image: olivaV-001.jpg]

Prelight:
A perfect caramel-brown wrapper with a triple cap.  Very smooth with no major veins or blemishes at all.  The prelight aroma was cedar with a touch of what I can best describe as a sweetness.  I clipped with my Palio, and the draw was absolutely perfect.  The prelight flavor was mainly herbal tea, with a slight hint of spiciness on the lips.

1/3:
There was excellent smoke volume right away.  The cigar was really pretty smooth overall at the beginning…  it actually took me a few puff to be able to be able to isolate any flavors at all.  The flavors were quite subtle – a bit of wet hay along with straight tobacco flavors.  There was just a little bit of spiciness – not the pinpoint intense bite of a black pepper spiciness, but more of a sensation of it coating my tongue.

[Image: olivaV-002.jpg]

2/3:
Not much of a change in the flavors, but the strength is evolving.  The smooth flavors intensified slightly, and the ligero is starting to kick in a little bit more.  Though still subtle, there is a tingling at the tip of my tongue, and the Nic kick started, along with a hint of cinnamon at my lips.

[Image: olivaV-003.jpg]

3/3:
The strength continues to intensify, with the subtle flavors continuing.  There seem to be two distinct layers to the over all flavor – the evolving strength in the background is balanced nicely by the subtle and smooth foreground flavors.  This continued until at started to heat up at about one inch, and I put it down.

Overall:
A good cigar with an interesting balance of flavors.  I enjoyed experiencing the two layers of flavor play against each other, and look forward to trying some other sizes.

- macallan2 - 11-09-2007

I'm a BIG fan of this line!  I plan to put a few boxes down to see what they're like in a year plus.  Like you said, subtle flavors that I think may come out more overall with some nap time and a chance to meld a bit.  Try the lancero!Wink

nice review

- Bungalowbill - 11-09-2007

great review and some sweet footage, maytag. ashamed to say i haven't tried the V series yet. will do soon.

- Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo - 11-09-2007

loved the review and agree completely. As I have often said of this cigar, it has caused me to take many other cigars off my list. Some got put on my unsmokable list.

- fishhound - 11-09-2007

Very nice review, Bill. I'm a fan of this line as well, great cigar. I have not tried that viola as of yet, but I love the double robustos, and the belicosos.

- Jimmie the Mum - 11-09-2007

Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:loved the review and agree completely. As I have often said of this cigar, it has caused me to take many other cigars off my list. Some got put on my unsmokable list.

As many of you know, I couldn't aree more. I'm a big fan and I have every size of the V. If anyone wants to try one just PM me and I'll get one out to you.

Love the churchill and especially the Lanceros..

- madurodave - 11-09-2007

Very nice review.  Bailey gifted me one and I loved it. 

- BaileyCAO - 11-13-2007

Excellent review. I love this line also with my favorite being the torpedo. If you havent tried a torpedo yet I highly recommend doing it.

- MaytagMan - 11-13-2007

BaileyCAO Wrote:Excellent review. I love this line also with my favorite being the torpedo. If you havent tried a torpedo yet I highly recommend doing it.
I will definitely pick up a few when I get back from Reno this weekend....  Cool

- sergione - 11-13-2007

Nice review MTM, I am a big fan of the lanceros, those bigg suckas scare meBig Grin

great job and cant wait to hear your thoughts on other sizes