Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youths fume over cigar ban
I know Baltimore has its problems but this seems to be a silly and thinly veiled way to fight 'the war on drugs.'  Thats all this is.  I doubt highly anyone that this intends to protect actually smokes the cigars without cutting them open and dumping out the tobacco first and re-rolling them with marijuana.  I would think that the drug dealers themselves will end up providing the cigars, along with their weed, to keep their customers happy.
fishhound Wrote:I have to say I love this quote, "It's hard out here. Sometimes you need a cigar."
I's my new sig line here.   I said it's hard out here for a pimp...  Tongue
macallan2 Wrote:
fishhound Wrote:I have to say I love this quote, "It's hard out here. Sometimes you need a cigar."
I's my new sig line here.   I said it's hard out here for a pimp...  Tongue
I love it.  You think you could get that on a t shirt for us? 
Magnum PI Wrote:I know Baltimore has its problems but this seems to be a silly and thinly veiled way to fight 'the war on drugs.'  Thats all this is.

You are right.  This has nothing to do with regular cigars, and is proposed only for cigars < $2.  (not that they won't try to do away with those later)
Quote:
"I can't even get a job," he said. "Why are they focused on cigars?
Why do lawmakers have such a difficult time getting their priorities straight?

Quote:Williams, wearing baggy jeans, a long T-shirt and elaborate gold fronts on his teeth, said it is common for high school students to smoke the cigars, which he said are a status symbol and stress-reliever.
Was that description really relevant to the article? The slant on this article is hopelessly one-sided. The reporter only gives us the point of view from teen smokers, and on top of that tries so hard to portray them in negative light.
[really]

Is there a positive light?

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1