Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Intro
Where at in Ybor?  I'll PM you closer to it but it sounds good.
There's a pretty good cigar store in St Armand's Circle you should check out.  There's also some VERY decent ones in the strip malls, i can't remember the names for the life of me though.  My grandparents live in sarasota and i'm down there every year or so.

St. Armand's is a great place I think I've seen the cigar shop down there but I wasn't into them at the time.  I'll have to go check it out now.  I used to chew but cigars are much more rewarding and less of a mess lol
Vitamin G Wrote:There's a pretty good cigar store in St Armand's Circle you should check out.  There's also some VERY decent ones in the strip malls, i can't remember the names for the life of me though.  My grandparents live in sarasota and i'm down there every year or so.

I love Sarasota.   Especially Siesta Key Beach.
Siesta Key is great.  We all head there after exams to relax.
I can't remember if Siesta Key is the quartz based tourist beach or not.   I used to be a huge fan of Whitney Beach.  Its deserted, has buttloads of sanddollars, and some really great sand bars.   Unfortunately, i broke out into ridiculous rashes on every beach except one, and i figured out later that i'm fairly allergic to sand fleas.   Sand fleas live in EVERY organic-based beach (crushed seashells) on the planet, but can't survive on the quartz based sand.

Luckily, florida is rampant with quartz beaches.
I had a neighbor who got Leishmaniasis from sand fleas, they can be pretty bad.  Siesta Key is definitely a tourist beach.. it's top ranked every year for the best US beaches.  IT doesn't get too awfully packed though so it's tolerable, at least for beach going.  I'm still trying to find a beach that's good for shore dives, i.e. not too crowded and gets below 10ft before a mile out lol.
Hi and welcome from California!!!

[welcome] From Illinois, glad you could join us!
Welcome from Memphis.....settle in and enjoy yourself.