Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil's surge in 2010 paves the way for $4 gasoline
(01-17-2011, 12:14 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
(01-17-2011, 03:49 AM)tafdom Wrote: [Image: BowingSmiley.gif][Image: BowingSmiley.gif][Image: BowingSmiley.gif][Image: BowingSmiley.gif][Image: BowingSmiley.gif]

I used to have an oil burner too and I don't know what happened but it's crazy. It's always been cheaper to produce. I would have thought yours wouldn't have the road tax on it and been less. Guess not. I know the Ag version has dye because it isn't taxed. DAMN I love your boat!!

We have sportsmen taxes and waterway taxes on the fuel. It too is died. Red. Get caught without red died fuel in your boat and you are in for a ton of trouble. But, off all the things I have been checked for, the color of my fuel was never on the list.
Also, I have friends who use home heating oil in their boats. The red die is so strong that if you never drain the tank, 1 fill-up with died fuel and you can last the rest of the year with undied fuel, or so I'm told.

I'm shocked about your fuel. Diesel is $3.43 here and Reg is $2.77 today but usually has a one dollar spread. Funny you mention home heating oil. You wouldn't think they could do anything if you ran bio, especially if you made it and that's easy. Or K1 or K2 for that matter that's cheaper and works just fine, but they're making us use KY. LOL I've run it when diesel got higher as the do truckers. We do a bunch of bio conversions at the shop and they are SOOO cool. Contrary to belief it only takes $150 of parts to convert an engine and just Ts off your hot water to warm the fuel. 1 hour and your done!!!

Now we can go to samsclub and buy a 5 gal oil pail off the shelf and pour it right into the tank and go. It's less than diesel now and Sam's is lovin it. LOL I'm thinkin now that where you live, you could have THAT part on your boat as we speak. We have gone into engines and everything from bolts to gaskets were heavily stained with the dye color. The K1 you buy in the stores is dyed here too as is the farm diesel with ZERO taxes.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

(01-16-2011, 03:49 PM)US_Tank Wrote:
(01-16-2011, 03:42 PM)Tonto Wrote: Tank...any other type of manufacturing going on up there?

Yep! Huge business investments (not government) on infrastructure for the impending growth. Lots of machining jobs for components for anything and everything to do with the oil business and it's support business. Haliburton is always hiring. Non college educated personnel are getting jobs for 95k a year plus housing. They work 12 hours on and 12 hours off for two weeks. Then get two weeks off.

Hmmm...not sure if there is anything there for me...but it doesn't hurt to check it out.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Jan we have Phoenix Engineering who designs for John Deere. Also home to Bobcat skid steers. And there is Titan Machinery!
(01-17-2011, 05:58 PM)US_Tank Wrote: Jan we have Phoenix Engineering who designs for John Deere. Also home to Bobcat skid steers. And there is Titan Machine!

OOPS!! Sorry wrong thread. LOL

[Image: titansuck.jpg]

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.