Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil's surge in 2010 paves the way for $4 gasoline
My favorite vehicle gets around 1 mile per gallon on a good day. The fuel is taxed extra, I have a 300 gallon tank and have drained it on several trips. And yes, it's diesel. The funny thing is, diesel used to be cheaper. When gasoline hit $2, I was paying just over a buck. For years I paid 67 cents a gallon. My last fill cost me around $4.47 a gallon (those extra taxes).
[Image: bob2.jpg]

Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
[Image: BowingSmiley.gif][Image: BowingSmiley.gif][Image: BowingSmiley.gif][Image: BowingSmiley.gif][Image: BowingSmiley.gif]

I used to have an oil burner too and I don't know what happened but it's crazy. It's always been cheaper to produce. I would have thought yours wouldn't have the road tax on it and been less. Guess not. I know the ag version has dye because it isn't taxed. DAMN I love your boat!!

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

(01-16-2011, 10:59 PM)US_Tank Wrote:
(01-16-2011, 09:11 PM)tafdom Wrote: I've seen oil rigs from your porch pics. How many acres is the cabin on?

16 with plans to buy another 108.

If you do end up with 134 acres, make sure you get the mineral rights as part of the purchase.

It just stops the oil companies from drilling half a mile away from your land and "steering" the drill bit in to what could essentially be your oil field.

Contrary to popular belief, the drill does'nt just go straight down, from the air it would look like a spiders web.

I'm going to get my teeth in to the new position I have and gain experience in the equipment I will be working with over the next year or so ....... from there I will be able to cover everything from surface to subsea and from drilling through to completion and production .... basically the whole shebang for O&G exploration and production.

With that in my back pocket I may well start speaking to folks in ND.

I'll start doing my homework on ND now though,

Cool
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
NJ has the cheapest gasoline prices in the country. We haven't hit $3.00 yet for regular. It"s hovering between $2.89 and $2.95
I would still move out of here in a heartbeat.
Tony
When you have walked in my shoes, done what I've done, seen what I've seen, then maybe you can criticize.
(01-17-2011, 11:11 AM)BlackKnight Wrote: NJ has the cheapest gasoline prices in the country. We haven't hit $3.00 yet for regular. It"s hovering between $2.89 and $2.95

AND you don't have to pump it, actually you aren't allowed to pump it yourself.
As they say:
Jersey Girls don't Pump Gas
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Its 2.89 here in mo
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic
(01-17-2011, 11:18 AM)ashman Wrote:
(01-17-2011, 11:11 AM)BlackKnight Wrote: NJ has the cheapest gasoline prices in the country. We haven't hit $3.00 yet for regular. It"s hovering between $2.89 and $2.95

AND you don't have to pump it, actually you aren't allowed to pump it yourself.
That's correct. We're not allowed to pump it ourselves which drives me nuts to no end. I hate waiting. I'd rather do it myself.
Tony
When you have walked in my shoes, done what I've done, seen what I've seen, then maybe you can criticize.
(01-17-2011, 03:49 AM)tafdom Wrote: [Image: BowingSmiley.gif][Image: BowingSmiley.gif][Image: BowingSmiley.gif][Image: BowingSmiley.gif][Image: BowingSmiley.gif]

I used to have an oil burner too and I don't know what happened but it's crazy. It's always been cheaper to produce. I would have thought yours wouldn't have the road tax on it and been less. Guess not. I know the ag version has dye because it isn't taxed. DAMN I love your boat!!

We have sportsmen taxes and waterway taxes on the fuel. It too is died. Red. Get caught without red died fuel in your boat and you are in for a ton of trouble. But, off all the things I have been checked for, the color of my fuel was never on the list.
Also, I have friends who use home heating oil in their boats. The red die is so strong that if you never drain the tank, 1 fill-up with died fuel and you can last the rest of the year with undied fuel, or so I'm told.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
(01-17-2011, 04:40 AM)Parkster Wrote:
(01-16-2011, 10:59 PM)US_Tank Wrote:
(01-16-2011, 09:11 PM)tafdom Wrote: I've seen oil rigs from your porch pics. How many acres is the cabin on?

16 with plans to buy another 108.

If you do end up with 134 acres, make sure you get the mineral rights as part of the purchase.

It just stops the oil companies from drilling half a mile away from your land and "steering" the drill bit in to what could essentially be your oil field.

Contrary to popular belief, the drill does'nt just go straight down, from the air it would look like a spiders web.

I'm going to get my teeth in to the new position I have and gain experience in the equipment I will be working with over the next year or so ....... from there I will be able to cover everything from surface to subsea and from drilling through to completion and production .... basically the whole shebang for O&G exploration and production.

With that in my back pocket I may well start speaking to folks in ND.

I'll start doing my homework on ND now though,

Cool

I won't have mineral rights. There are already oil rigs on the land. A little old lady with no heirs owns the land and she is in a nursing home.

As for drilling the oil rigs by my cabin are drilling under the lake. With the shale formations out here there is a lot of horizontal drilling. In fact ND drilling leads the nation in horizontal technology drilling into reserves never before thought possible before. There are lot's of other firms coming to ND to observe these processes.