Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil's surge in 2010 paves the way for $4 gasoline
(01-16-2011, 02:40 PM)US_Tank Wrote: Dave you could write your ticket with the oil in ND! There are plans for 5000 more wells out here. You can also herf in BIG Cock Country where you belong!

Hmmm

We need to talk Tank.

My promotion is putting me in to a field of expertise that is new to me, I reckon this time next year I could look at ND for work.

Whats the schools like, taxes etc?

Cant face retiring in the UK
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
(01-16-2011, 03:49 PM)US_Tank Wrote:
(01-16-2011, 03:42 PM)Tonto Wrote: Tank...any other type of manufacturing going on up there?

Yep! Huge business investments (not government) on infrastructure for the impending growth. Lots of machining jobs for components for anything and everything to do with the oil business and it's support business. Haliburton is always hiring. Non college educated personnel are getting jobs for 95k a year plus housing. They work 12 hours on and 12 hours off for two weeks. Then get two weeks off.

Sounds very much like the start of a boom period for O&G is kicking off in ND.

Time for me to have a look I think.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
http://oilandgasjobsonline.com/category/...reers.html

Whooo Weee ..... jackpot
(01-16-2011, 04:08 PM)Parkster Wrote:
(01-16-2011, 02:40 PM)US_Tank Wrote: Dave you could write your ticket with the oil in ND! There are plans for 5000 more wells out here. You can also herf in BIG Cock Country where you belong!

Hmmm

We need to talk Tank.

My promotion is putting me in to a field of expertise that is new to me, I reckon this time next year I could look at ND for work.

Some of lowest taxes in U.S. Awesome education and above average test scores. You can build a 4,500 sq. Ft. Finished house for cheap. And you can own serious guns and smoke in bars.

(01-16-2011, 05:06 PM)US_Tank Wrote:
(01-16-2011, 04:08 PM)Parkster Wrote:

Hmmm

We need to talk Tank.

Some of lowest taxes in U.S. Awesome education and above average test scores. You can build a 4,500 sq. Ft. Finished house for cheap. And you can own serious guns and smoke in bars.

and hang out with you ....... Cool
My cabin is in heart of oil country! But we are so wide open that the peace and serenity is not lost. Perfect for good friends and good cigars.
I've seen oil rigs from your porch pics. How many acres is the cabin on?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

(01-16-2011, 09:11 PM)tafdom Wrote: I've seen oil rigs from your porch pics. How many acres is the cabin on?

16 with plans to buy another 108.
I just paid $4.29 the other night Angry
(01-16-2011, 10:59 PM)US_Tank Wrote:
(01-16-2011, 09:11 PM)tafdom Wrote: I've seen oil rigs from your porch pics. How many acres is the cabin on?

16 with plans to buy another 108.

I guess the rigs looked closer than I thought.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.