Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Complete Bliss of Homebrewing
Looks awesome Nick!
This is my boomstick!
Loading the hop rocket

[Image: d34371a8dc41e76112b3f86ae66ff7de.jpg]

Transferring a beer that was dry hopped with 5 oz of hops, through another 4 oz of hops!

[Image: ae23a741042118a9dcb37339ae38d525.jpg]
Wow! What did you rocket it with?

I dry hopped mine with another 3oz of Citra on Wed. Just filled a growler and had a sample. I love the nose on it, and the flavor is good, but the bitterness has fallen off big time which I don't understand. I may try Hop Extract next time. Its more of an IPA now with the alcohol and IBU's of a double hahaha.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
(02-21-2014, 09:46 AM)Mark Wrote: Wow! What did you rocket it with?

I dry hopped mine with another 3oz of Citra on Wed. Just filled a growler and had a sample. I love the nose on it, and the flavor is good, but the bitterness has fallen off big time which I don't understand. I may try Hop Extract next time. Its more of an IPA now with the alcohol and IBU's of a double hahaha.

I used two Simcoe and two citra. It smells amazing, think I killed the clarity, and needs a little more malt backbone. It finished drier than I expected.
Mark and Mike, they both sound damn tasty!!!!
This is my boomstick!
(02-21-2014, 10:23 AM)EvilAsh Wrote: Mark and Mike, they both sound damn tasty!!!!

I tried marks last Sunday and it's excellent
(02-21-2014, 12:05 PM)NickDrista Wrote: I tried marks last Sunday and it's excellent

I bet you did...Tongue
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Had a breakfast stout side by side with my poo poo breakfast stout clone. It's right on taste wise except I didn't add another round of coffee which if I did, it would have been close. I skipped the extra cold crash of Sumatra coffee but it's close. Both are very good!!!

[Image: 600246AA-6500-450C-817E-E7F2FDB0A2E5.jpg]
Here is the set up! I calibrated the sight glasses and no leaks in Marks and I's (really Mark) work. BUT there was a leak on the keggle site glass!!! It's at the elbow where the glass meets. What a pain in the a$$ if I have to calibrate this thing again. Hopefully I will be brewing in a few weeks!!!

[Image: CB0A5DC1-26BB-4708-A70F-9E12ACE006E6.jpg]
The stout and setup look great Nick! I'm excited for warmer weather and getting the pipeline going!