Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody buy a diamond in the past few years?
If any of you have purchased any diamonds or diamond jewelry between Jan 1, 1994 and Mar 31, 2006, you may be able to get in on a class action lawsuit.

Details: https://diamondsclassaction.com/index.htm

My claim is going out on Monday! Cool

I'm waiting on the Class Action Lawsuit against the folks responsible for making gasoline so farking expensive....
JoeBob Wrote:I'm waiting on the Class Action Lawsuit against the folks responsible for making gasoline so farking expensive....

The White House has immunity.

Thanks for the heads up -- of course, every person in America is going to file a claim, and the settlement is based pro-rata, so I'll get $1

so, they are vauge as hell about how much you 'll get, as to be expected, but is there any kind of range or scale, or is Scoop's figure pretty accurate.  However, if every person took 1 dollar from De Beers...... he'd still be insanely rich, oh well.

What's the suit for, anyway?
LC stogiechat homebrew gnome Wrote:so, they are vauge as hell about how much you 'll get, as to be expected, but is there any kind of range or scale, or is Scoop's figure pretty accurate.  However, if every person took 1 dollar from De Beers...... he'd still be insanely rich, oh well.

What's the suit for, anyway?

They've earmarked $295 million for every American who has purchased a diamond in the last 10 years.

The amount received is based on the amount of people who file a claim and for how much. You don't need to send a receipt for anything less than $10,000. I wonder how many frauds are claiming $9,999 engagement rings.

DeBeers has been mucking with inventory for decades. I'm sure the suit has something to do with bogus scarcity. (Cubic Zirconia is rarer than diamonds. Go figure.)
I was honest.. Purchased a small engagement ring for $500 for my wife.. Submitted my claim online.  I guess we'll see what I get.
Scott  
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

I was honest as well -- I have documentation (receipts, appraisals, etc.) for the three rings claimed.  (They said they may ask for evidence, etc.)

Anything is better than nothing, eh?  Wink