Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arturo Fuente Petit Corona Maduro
In my continued quest for a short smoke, to enjoy on the colder Minnesota days and maybe with the morning coffee I selected this little AF Petit Corona Maduro, 5x38. This is an ongoing search, and maybe I found a cadindate in this $3 stogie.

I had it with a cup of jasmine tea, the light tea flavor played on the darker maduro flavors very well. I used a V-cutter to slow it down a bit, it lasted 25 minutes.  It lit with a single match, and had a nice, strong vanilla start, which faded into a very unique flavor I can only qualify as "Musky Citrus" which was very pleasant.

It was a very enjoyable smoke with an earthy, peppery finish even if it became a bit pungant and hot on the tongue with an inch still remaining.  This was the only con, but it does not really apply because twenty five minutes was all I wanted out of it to begin with.

With an economical price, pleasant flavor and clean, sharp burn I think I may have to make this a regular in my humidor.

On the CA scale I'd give it about a 78.
Awesome job as usual. You should come around more. How in the world did you get into german industrial rock?  

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

thanks for the review.

DU HAST!  :dude:
Our secretary here was literally just asking me to go get her some of those petite coronas.  I've never actually had one, but she's very fond of them.
Update! I had one of the natural non maduro versions and also gave one to an old leatherneck friend of mine as a late christmas gift, and I must say the natural version is much different and superior in a few ways:

The flavor was lighter and even "Rosey" with a woodsy, cedar aroma that my family even went out of their way to completement. The burn was very precise and it held it's ash like the best of them. Interestingly enough I did not get the usual "smokey mouth" with this one, the flavor was delicate and did not leave and after taste.

In short I will say that this is a rare acception where I will choose the natural over maduro.