Litto Gomez Diez Americano
5.7” x 46
Wrapper: Dominican Republic
Binder: Dominican Republic
Filler: Dominican Republic
Date: 08.04.08
Smoke Time: 62 min.

Prelight:
This cigar is beautiful to look at…  I wish I had taken pictures!  A smooth reddish-brown wrapper covers a well-constructed cigar with no blemishes or soft spots.  There are visible oils shining on the wrapper.  Prelight aroma was very oaky with a definite molasses-like sweetness.  Prelight flavors consisted mainly of sweetness, a slight licorice undertone, and heavy spices.  There was a slight tingle on my tongue.

1/3:
There was a spicincess at my tongue and lips right from the beginning which blended beautifully with a slight sweetness.  These flavors were complimented by deep earthy and spicy undertones.  The nice thing is that the flavors were all layered in such a way that they are all distinct in the blend, each at a different spot on my palate.

2/3:
As the first third ends and the second third begins, a hearty spicy flavor took over with a deep strength component that seems to radiate from my chest.

3/3:
The spiciness mellowed out and reblended with the sweetness, with cedary flavors added in.  The deep strength is still there – it is not as noticeable on the attack, but the deep fullness is definitely still there.

Overall:
I usually don’t smoke cigars quite this strong, and I am happy to report that this one did not disappoint.  In what seems to be a market full of cigars blended for nothing but strength, it was nice to find a cigar that was able to combine the strength with a tasty evolution of flavors.  The sweetness and earthiness proved to balance well with the spiciness and strength.  A good cigar that I am glad I saved for after dinner.

Thanks for the great review!  Was this one of the original LGs or one of the new Vintage LGs?
[Image: CRA_ambassador_seal-smaller.jpg]
Join CRA Today! Click Above!
[Image: RobbieofCordova-2.gif]
BTW, the Americano has always been my favorite size.
[Image: CRA_ambassador_seal-smaller.jpg]
Join CRA Today! Click Above!
[Image: RobbieofCordova-2.gif]
Robbie Wrote:Thanks for the great review!  Was this one of the original LGs or one of the new Vintage LGs?
It was an original...  it had been sitting for a while before I finally got around to it...  Cool

Bill, Thanks for the review
Nice job again.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

I still have 4 of the OR of this size just waiting for the right moment.  I love this cigar with age on it.  Young they'll kick you in the teeth but they chill out and become quite nice to hang out with once they've matured a bit...
Nice review Bill. Cool
Nice review.  I've got a bunch that have been resting and every time I reach for one I wonder why I've waited so long to go back to it.

Mac's right on this cigar kicking you in the teeth if you're not ready for it but with a little age it's a great cigar.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Good review and I agree with the others about the strength young!