Poll: Who's spot is it?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hunt & peck driver
75.00%
12 75.00%
Stalker
12.50%
2 12.50%
Poster
12.50%
2 12.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
parking wars
when parking is tough there are basically 3 techniques to finding a spot.

1. hunt & peck.  (drive around hoping to get lucky)
  2. posting. (Finding a likely spot and sitting, waiting with the engine running for someone to come and make a spot)
  3. stalking. (Follow someone leaving the store hoping they go to a car and leave.)
Which do you prefer?

And how do you resolve the rights to a spot when a stalker follows someone to their car and a poster is waiting right there. Who's spot is it?
Around here if someone is waiting for the person to load his car and pull out,they will have their blinker on claiming the spot. I circle around a couple times if nothing is open, then just park it and walk in,and often will walk past the guy who is still waiting for that "closer" spot.[lol]
Hunt and Peck myself.   I hate waiting, so i'd rather be doing SOMETHING.  

All disputes are settled by the impartial arbiter (existing owner) and the direction in which they decide to swing when exiting their parking spot.
Ahhh the advantages of a 16 year old BEA TO SHIT 3/4 Ton Diesel Truck, Park where you please!
I hate it when I am waiting for the spot, but have to make a left turn.   Then somebody comes around the corner and thinks they have right of way and the spot cause they have the right turn ability.   I cut their ass off.   What do I care, I drive a company car. 
I am a poster.   But if the chic coming out of the store is hot I am a stalker.  [lol]
Bluesman455 Wrote:Around here if someone is waiting for the person to load his car and pull out,they will have their blinker on claiming the spot. I circle around a couple times if nothing is open, then just park it and walk in,and often will walk past the guy who is still waiting for that "closer" spot.[lol]
Me too! [lol]
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I like baiting stalkers by walking up an aisle and pulling out my keys as I waky to the car...   then I walk through the row of cars to the aisle where my car is really parked!

[lol][lol][lol][lol]

MaytagMan Wrote:I like baiting stalkers by walking up an aisle and pulling out my keys as I waky to the car...   then I walk through the row of cars to the aisle where my car is really parked!

[lol][lol][lol][lol]

I can't tell you how many times I have done that, its freaking great!

Also, we do alot of work at malls, so I will finish working and head back to the van to write the slip.  I make sure to start the van and get atleast one stalker or poster to wait for me to move.  I will sit in the van for 5 or 10 mins wrinting my slip while they are waiting, then I will shut the van off and head back into the mall to get it signed.  I have gotten countless dirty looks and middle fingers for it.  It's hilarious.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
I choose other...I have one of these[thumbsup]

[Image: icon-disabled.jpg]