Poll: Who's spot is it?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hunt & peck driver
75.00%
12 75.00%
Stalker
12.50%
2 12.50%
Poster
12.50%
2 12.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
parking wars
You also want to avoid parking next to my sister....her theory is this......if you park too close to her so that she can't get in the driver's door, you'd better have 2 spare tires. She pull her first aid gear from her trunk & pull of a heavy gauge cardiac needle.....it goes thru rubber like a hot knife thru warm butter!
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
At my train station I park in the same spot every time. The furthest form the train. It's an end spot so I go up against the curb flirting with kids on bicycles hitting it while I'm at work, but leaving that extra room so the guy next to me doesn't hit my car. close to 3 days a week, someone takes the spot next to me and parks OVER THE LINE! INTO MY SPOT! I go apesht. One time I could not fit between the cars, I ripped off his side-view mirror and left it on his hood. Usually I just leave notes on the car threatening to call the cops (it is illegal to park over the line and ticketable).

(oh, after I ripped off the guys mirror, I parked on the street for about a week Tongue)
Really though, instead of driving around I just grab a spot on the outter areas of the parking lot that hold numerous  empty spots.   It never fails, I drive in, park a ways away, and as I enter the store I see the same car still looking for a spot and this same guy entered the lot the same time as I.

Wife gets pissed,   she always seems to find an emptry spot 20 feet closer that the spot I am in.   I hate tuna can parking.  I hate door dings.

Another parking note,  last summer I was parked outside a retail strip mall.   I was actually parked in the row right in front of the building.   But there were numerous spots behind me in rows 2 and beyond.

It was hot out, I was checking work voicemail with one foot out the door on the ground with my driver's side door open.

A car pulls up, honks cause my door is open and they want the ajacent spot.  Yet there is a spot right behind for he to back in.   But he had to have that spot and my open door needing to be closed was the gate to getting in. 

In open spaces like that it pisses me off when people park so close to me that I cannot open my doors.
US_Tank Wrote:Really though, instead of driving around I just grab a spot on the outter areas of the parking lot that hold numerous  empty spots.   It never fails, I drive in, park a ways away, and as I enter the store I see the same car still looking for a spot and this same guy entered the lot the same time as I.

Wife gets pissed,   she always seems to find an emptry spot 20 feet closer that the spot I am in.   I hate tuna can parking.  I hate door dings.

Another parking note,  last summer I was parked outside a retail strip mall.   I was actually parked in the row right in front of the building.   But there were numerous spots behind me in rows 2 and beyond.

It was hot out, I was checking work voicemail with one foot out the door on the ground with my driver's side door open.

A car pulls up, honks cause my door is open and they want the ajacent spot.  Yet there is a spot right behind for he to back in.   But he had to have that spot and my open door needing to be closed was the gate to getting in. 

In open spaces like that it pisses me off when people park so close to me that I cannot open my doors.
yet another of my pet peeves... I park in a half empty lot, all the way on the other side not a car around. I emerge from the store and some 1985 POS parked right next to me.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:Really though, instead of driving around I just grab a spot on the outter areas of the parking lot that hold numerous  empty spots.   It never fails, I drive in, park a ways away, and as I enter the store I see the same car still looking for a spot and this same guy entered the lot the same time as I.

yet another of my pet peeves... I park in a half empty lot, all the way on the other side not a car around. I emerge from the store and some 1985 POS parked right next to me.
That ALWAYS happens to me!! [curse] 
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Have you noticed that if you start a new row the next guy pulls right in next to you within door ding distance?
US_Tank Wrote:Have you noticed that if you start a new row the next guy pulls right in next to you within door ding distance?
That is when I kick and dent the bottom of the morons door. [pirate]
I shop online while the rest of you dumba$$es are worrying about this issue. [ups]
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!