Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Van Riemsdyk - future Flyers star
Pete, did you see or read about the world junior hockey champiomships. James Van Riemsdyk scored 2 goals for the US as they man handle Germany 8-2.

Next game is Sunday as the US takes on Czech Republic.

Pete, as I mention to you before, James is good friends with  my son JJ as they grew up together and I coached them in little league baseball.  
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
WOW Jim whats awsome you must be proud bro [thumbsup]
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!
I'm sure if he's THAT good, Pittsburgh will tank every game they possibly can in order to secure themselves the first pick of the draft, a la lemieux and crosby.
chris1980 Wrote:WOW Jim whats awsome you must be proud bro [thumbsup]
Yea but he missed a lot of baseball games, especially on weekends as he was playing hockey.  I wonder if he picked the right sport. Drafted Nbr. 2 by the Flyers last year.
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:
chris1980 Wrote:WOW Jim whats awsome you must be proud bro [thumbsup]
Yea but he missed a lot of baseball games, especially on weekends as he was playing hockey.  I wonder if he picked the right sport. Drafted Nbr. 2 by the Flyers last year.

Cool Jimmie.

Let's go Flyers!  AND, USA!
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:Pete, did you see or read about the world junior hockey champiomships. James Van Riemsdyk scored 2 goals for the US as they man handle Germany 8-2.

Next game is Sunday as the US takes on Czech Republic.

Pete, as I mention to you before, James is good friends with  my son JJ as they grew up together and I coached them in little league baseball.  

I did indeed catch yesterday's DRUBBING, and immediately thought of you when I saw JVR in action.  I DVR'd the game, as I was planning to do a bit of shopping.  Well, I couldn't take the suspense, and ended up spending most of my time at Bleacher Bums watching the broadcast.  I'm not sure what to make of Team USA just yet though.  They looked great, but how terrible is Germany? 

Of course, I keyed on JVR (as he's been informally nicknamed on the Flyers Message Boards), as this was only my second opportunity to see him play an entire game this season.  Unfortunately, UNH doesn't get much airtime when it comes to college hockey.  Tank should be happy, as NHL Network likes to show plenty of UND games.  

VanRiemsdyk reminds me of a puppy that doesn't realize how big he is.  He was unbelievably strong on the puck yesterday, which is good to see.  However, I want to see how he fares against stronger opponents.  WJC's should give a far better assesment of JVR's level of strength and talent than what I've seen in his NCAA games.   

Tomorrow night's game vs. Czech Republic is being broadcast in the NHL Network. 
I saw JVR over the summer Pete and he has gotten big in terms of his shoulders etc.  It'll be an adjustment for him from college to professional but after seeing him in person I think he'll do fine.
Honorary Shield Brother
That's very cool Jimmie. JVR has got great talent and the size to go with it, he seems like the prototypical Flyer. I read extensively about him before the 07 draft because the Kings were picking 4th after Chicago won the lottery. 

It's great that NHL network has picked up the coverage. I'm keeping my eye on Thomas Hickey © and Colten Teubert from team Canada and Oscar Moller © from team Sweden, all three of them Kings property.

The Czech Republic should be a better test but Canada is the team to beat.
Let's go USA!
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:I saw JVR over the summer Pete and he has gotten big in terms of his shoulders etc.  It'll be an adjustment for him from college to professional but after seeing him in person I think he'll do fine.
    Encouraging, Jimmie.  Do you happen to know, did he grew up as a Devils fan?  How $hitty would that be for a Devils fan to have to play for the Flyers?  Granted, it happens all the time, but still...
Riofan Wrote:That's very cool Jimmie. JVR has got great talent and the size to go with it, he seems like the prototypical Flyer. I read extensively about him before the 07 draft because the Kings were picking 4th after Chicago won the lottery. 

It's great that NHL network has picked up the coverage. I'm keeping my eye on Thomas Hickey © and Colten Teubert from team Canada and Oscar Moller © from team Sweden, all three of them Kings property.

The Czech Republic should be a better test but Canada is the team to beat.
Let's go USA!        
    Agreed... and if EITHER team (Flyers or Kings) were picking first that year, Patrick Kane would've been too good to pass on.  Even the Flyers, a team whom historically drafts size would've been silly to pass on Kane.  I do like JVR over Turris, though.  

Thomas Hickey is probably another couple seasons away... especially with all the young talent L.A. has at the blue line (Doughty, Quincey, and Jack Johnson when he returns).   Hickey is gritty, and playing in the Dub will only make him meaner... and that's GOOD!

I'm with you, Rio... Canada is the team to beat, but I'm pulling for Team USA.