Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Tanky!
which brings me to today's fun gamestop moment.  so evidently there's on guitar hero we're missing.  [really]  go figure.  so the boys bring it to my attention over breakfast.  i look it up.  ooohhh a collection of 80's hair metal cock rock.  now THIS i can't pass up.  just the set list brought me right back to my joe dirt mulletheaded ripped jeans front row seats at a gnr concert days.  anyways.  i concent.  what the hell else was i going to do.  thank god they didn't ask for a corvette.

anyways i know the two local ones dont have it because i would've seen it the other day.  so i go to the one in syosset, three towns over.  they have it.  and used.  so i'm a happy camper.  so i'm waiting on line.  again.  not too bad this time.  maybe 5 people or so.

kid two in front of me returns a used ps2.  says it's the second time that he's gotten a busted one and he wants a new one and them to try it out there.  seems reasonable to me.  fur boy behind the counter explains some bs that every system is checked twice and insured to work.  now this strikes me as funny because if it were true the kid would have a working ps2.  anyways sasquatch who appears to be growing pubic hair from his chin points to a yellow sticker and tells the kid, see it has the second stick it's been double tested.  now for all i know this sticker could mena jack shit but the kid accepts it.  he asks for them to test it.  they tell him they have no tv to do that.  i look around the showroom at the dozen or so flat screens hanging.  yup.  no tvs.  anyways fur boy explains again that all used merchandise is checked, double checked and handled with the utmost of care.  kid leaves.  christ as my witness the guy behind the counter wings the ps2 onto the floor for another guy to pack in a box and pack out. 

then the guy in front of me.  goes to the register to the left.  i go to the right.  i pay with the same gift cards that they won't seem to want.  no problems.  as this is going on i'm listending to the hulk next to me who loooks like he was paroled this morning.  he buys his kid a pokemon ds game. the kid then wants to trade in a half dozen or so ds games without the box.  the other pimple popper takes them.  starts running them through the computer.  the father asks if they'd be worth more if his son kept the boxes for them.  he says he's annoyed that his son always throws out the boxes and leaves things all over.  at this point it's apparent to all of mankind that he wants this turd to say yes keep the box as he's trying to teach the boy a lesson.  screech goes no.  you can throw out the boxes.  now god as my witness the dude tells his son to go out of the store he wants to talk to "these gentlemen".  my interest is piqued and i meander around the guitar hero metallica display.  the manager who was helping me laughs.  the father laughs.  the manager then inexplicably take his gamestop badge thingey off, throws it on the floor and goes no problem.  father now stops laughing.  tells the guy he's got no chance.  manager goes no problem and takes a piece of threaded black rod like you hang a light fixture with from somewhere in the morass of returns and shit on the floor.  father laughs at him and tells him you're going to need more than that.

at this point my wife is waiting in the car furiously ringing my phone that the kids are making her nuts and to speed it up so i left before the main event.  i'm so disappointed.

if anyone's read or heard the local police blotter i'd love to know how this turned out. 
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:Still not getting this guitar hero thing.   I was online looking at the game.   What do you do?   Just pretend to play a guitar and sing?   What is on the screen.

depending on the difficulty notes come down fast and furious.  think simon.  for guitar you push the appropriate color and the strum bar at the same time.  like you're "playing the note".  the guitarist in the game then plays the note.  as you string them together you hear the actual song played.  for drums you hit the appropriate skin.  bass is like guitar.  for vocals you have to maintain your range in the indicated "slot".

it has all the real songs by the real artists.  so you "play" along from everything from slayer to willie nelson. 

Maybe I am way overthinking this or I am just too damn dumb.   "Play along"?  Wouldn't it be more fun to just play Halo3 and shoot some SHIT?  Smile
i can't explain it daryn.  i like halo.  socom.  all the squad shooters but nothing gives the robfather the rush like cock rocking it to carry on my wayward son with the surround system on 100.  kind of like living out the spinal tap dream.  i admit it.  it looks stupid.  seems stupid.  probably is stupid but god damn you can't put it down.

Are there mulitiple games to buy?
US_Tank Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:Still not getting this guitar hero thing.   I was online looking at the game.   What do you do?   Just pretend to play a guitar and sing?   What is on the screen.

depending on the difficulty notes come down fast and furious.  think simon.  for guitar you push the appropriate color and the strum bar at the same time.  like you're "playing the note".  the guitarist in the game then plays the note.  as you string them together you hear the actual song played.  for drums you hit the appropriate skin.  bass is like guitar.  for vocals you have to maintain your range in the indicated "slot".

it has all the real songs by the real artists.  so you "play" along from everything from slayer to willie nelson. 

Maybe I am way overthinking this or I am just too damn dumb.   "Play along"?  Wouldn't it be more fun to just play Halo3 and shoot some SHIT?  Smile
i can't explain it daryn.  i like halo.  socom.  all the squad shooters but nothing gives the robfather the rush like cock rocking it to carry on my wayward son with the surround system on 100.  kind of like living out the spinal tap dream.  i admit it.  it looks stupid.  seems stupid.  probably is stupid but god damn you can't put it down.

Are there mulitiple games to buy?

there are like half a dozen guitar hero games.  only world tour allows you to play with all the instruments. 

there are two rock band games.  both play with all the instruments. 

here's a video of some gamestop groupie showing the mechanics of how the shit works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpSbuc6EEFI&feature=related
The game is best described to be like those stupid dance games you see now all over the place. Music plays and dots float by telling you where to put each foot. And you have to put your foot there at the right time, not early or late.

GH is just like that. Except instead of using your feet to hit buttons (dancing) you use your fingers on a controller that looks like a guitar.

This year they added drums, microphone (I am assuming there is some sort of pitch and time thing here) and you can hook up another guitar for base too.

It's oddly addictive.
this kid is fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUzNcheoY6U&feature=channel
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:this kid is fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUzNcheoY6U&feature=channel

That song is the most difficult song on guitar hero. This kid rocks....my cousins have guitar hero and can play that thing with out looking.......DANG kids.

I cant even get out of Slow Ride on easy without getting booed
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
Well thanks Skip.   The dance analogy works for me.   About time somebody explained it to me.  For a while I was thinking you guys were a bunck of fools really wasting money when you can just turn on the damn stereo!  [lol]