Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Tanky!
I was thinking of your retail thread the day after christmas.  Absolutely hilarious.  My kids get all these gift cards and such for gamestop thanks to jan and my sister.  So off they send me to gamestop to get all this guitar hero / rock band crap.  Now i'm dreading this as i hate this whole chain of stores filled with pimple popping house bound agoraphobes who've never seen a grown woman naked but think that finishing halo 12 is the highlight of a life well lived. 

i mean i hate this store.  i'd love nothing more than to grab every one of these little pencil necked turds with their unkempt filthy hair right by their damned piercings and smash their heads into the countertop until they learned A.  some respect for others B. some respect for themselves and C. the proper way to conduct business. 

it's a goddamned john rocker freak show and there i am.  At the back of the line.  Waiting.  and waiting and waiting and waiting.  Now if you know anything about me i hate waiting to pay for anything.  there would be no waiting if things were properly organized and properly managed.  period.  shit should run like a goddamned visa commercial.  but no.  you get a bunch of 18 year olds with the sage 25 year old as the manager and all hell breaks loose.  and there i wait.  fuming.  popping a xanax.  wondering the workout i was giving my lisinopril dosage and waiting to choke the first person that lends me the opportunity. 

finally nearer to the front of the line so i can actually see the oasis of a cash register well staffed by 3 teenage turds.  This woman about 4 in front of me goes to return some xbox 360 game that doesn't work with her son.  Zits tells her, "i don't know how to do that.  sorry bro" and then calls the next customer.  well unbeknownst to zits said woman's large husband was leaning on a stack of large guitar hero wii boxes.  This dude makes one fluid movement.  shit it looked like he teleported.  blammo he's right on the register puts his finger in the kid's face and goes bullshit!  how about this fucking guy?  can he do it?  and then motions to the 25 year old lord of the flies manager.  kid goes pale white.

now i'm standing there holding my load of crap and sensing my opening.  What followed was absolutely the most poetic and beautiful 15 minute streem of consciousness rant that had the whole crowd of adults cheering, laughing, mocking the management and at one point applauding.  Now i'm pretty sure it's illegal to incite a riot but any of you who know me know i have a big mouth and that once it gets started look out.  I'm mocking these kids mercillesly.  i get up there ask for a mic for the stupid rock band game.  kid gives me something marked for some other game.  i go will this work with rock band?  he goes i don't know.  i ask for the manager.  25 year old fur faced chinstrap boy comes over. i ask the same question.  get the same answer.  so i turn to my throng and go hey dig this stumpy wants me to spend $50 on something that may or may not work.  anyone see the logic in that?  but then again what do you expect when the guy in charge's left testicle hasn't descended yet.  blammo more hilarity.  and on and on this went.  i ask for a logitech psp case.  clearly marked logitech on it.  stumpy brings back something that says god of war.  i said no and back we go.  i ask for another psp case.  this one the nerf one for the psp slim for my other kid.  christ as my witness zippy comes back with the same goddamned god of war case that i didn't want ten minutes ago.  so i go to the manager.  listen zippy the wondertwit is having some issues this morning as it looks like he just got out of bed so could you go get me the nerf case now please?  off he goes and returns with my case.  he dispatches zippy to straighten the empty shelves as it now appears the crowd is going to lynch him.

finally i get all my crap.  i've got three guitar hero games.  the guitar hero world tour box thing.  some more rock band crap.  their fearless leader is ringing like mad now.  i take out the stack of gift cards.  he swipes them.  i apologize for not knowing that's what i had to do.  he says no problem he has to do it anyway or something.  now what i bought was more than the gift cards.  so i'm filing through my wallett for my credit card to cover the balance.  imagine my surprise when the uber genius hands me back one gift card.  then another and says that one still has $1 something on it.  smiling all puppy just pissed the rug at me.  as i'm walking out the others on line are wishing me a merry christmas, happy new year.  one dude patted me on the back.

Now I'm an honorable guy most of the time.  i bite my tongue when i can.  turn the other cheek and all.  but this one I'm like eff him.  I take the cards.   Say thank you.  Shove the crap under may arm and triumphantly drive home paying far less than i should have.  for once i figure i've one won.  just one time.  and i'm pleased as punch.  I figure if they're stupid enough to employ these idiots and foist their stupidity on the general public they deserve the consequences.  besides it was for my kids.  i came home they all were ooohhhing and ahhing , i set it up and we all played a triumphant round of down with the sickness together. 

tank makes santa appear to make his kids christmas.  the robfather goes all satan on a bunch of teenager's to make his kid's christmas.    [lol]
The christmas good will ends abruptly doesn't it.

Oh, great post Rob.
[lol]Great read Rob thanks for sharing. I wish I could have seen it.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!    [lol][lol][lol][lol][lol]

"Hey Zits, can you multi-task?"  

"Hey Zits, I can see you are clocked in,  but have you checked it yet?"

I am with ya Robfather.   Way to go Satan on them.   These Gamestop shops are a site to behold for sure.  

Zits is always at work there, or at least he is clocked in.   Then there is usually a Lennon at work --  A long-haired pink ole fag looking pencil neck with a 17 year old face and a scratty, spotty long beard, sporting "Jesus" hair going all peacefull on me.  And he acts all "Lord of the Flies" as you put it.   Yes he is the Master Chief of the place.   The 17 year old geek employees look up to him as he has saved the Universe from the Covenant.  At 25 he has not been layed yet but he has 435,567,456,456 points on Xbox Live.

Then when one swipes one's Visa card the peace-loving mentality goes away and he acts all Godly on you.   Like he is the farking Visa police and his scrutinization determine whether or not you walk out with Guitar Hero or not.   [police]

"Can I see two forms of ID?"

"Look here pencilneck, this is Visa -- in, out, and on the fly.   Verification of signature is enough. 

"No Sir,  I am looking out for you, this card may stolen.  Its store policy to ask for ID with a credit card purchase"

"Are you implying that I may be or look like a thief?   Did you know that its a violation of Visa's policy to ask for an ID?  Just swipe the card Master Chief and verify my signature."

"Well we really need to see your ID.  We want to be sure this card is not stolen."

"Well Cockbreath so might the money in my wallet but you don't ask to see ID there do ya.   What if this Driver's License to verify that "stolen" credit card is stolen also?   As long as the two verify each other what do you solve?   You will just verify a stolen card transaction anyways."

"Well Sir you don't have to be quite so rude about it. "

"Again Bono let me clarify that in the eyes of the law, the fact that I have this credit card is ID enough of who I am.  I gave up my first born, my left testicle, and 3 pints of blood to obtain this card in good standing from my bank.  The fact that I carry this card is a testament to who I am."

"Sir, I........."

"Now if I looked as scratty as you I would not be offended that you asked for verification.  Let me ask you this, when I leave are you going to call in the plates on my car too? "

"Maybe you should check the dumpster in the back for a dead body.   I might be wearing stolen clothes too!"

[bravo] sweet!  I have a very hard time waiting in line to spend my money as well.  What really pisses me off is when someone in front of me wants to dispute that one item in the cart should be 1 or 2 dollars less than they are being charged.  [mad]  I usually throw $2 at them and tell them to go away... 
Great story bro lol hahaha[thumbsup][bravo2][bravo2][bravo2][bravo2]
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!
US_Tank Wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!    [lol][lol][lol][lol][lol]

"Hey Zits, can you multi-task?"  

"Hey Zits, I can see you are clocked in,  but have you checked it yet?"

I am with ya Robfather.   Way to go Satan on them.   These Gamestop shops are a site to behold for sure.  

Zits is always at work there, or at least he is clocked in.   Then there is usually a Lennon at work --  A long-haired pink ole fag looking pencil neck with a 17 year old face and a scratty, spotty long beard, sporting "Jesus" hair going all peacefull on me.  And he acts all "Lord of the Flies" as you put it.   Yes he is the Master Chief of the place.   The 17 year old geek employees look up to him as he has saved the Universe from the Covenant.  At 25 he has not been layed yet but he has 435,567,456,456 points on Xbox Live.

Then when one swipes one's Visa card the peace-loving mentality goes away and he acts all Godly on you.   Like he is the farking Visa police and his scrutinization determine whether or not you walk out with Guitar Hero or not.   [police]

"Can I see two forms of ID?"

"Look here pencilneck, this is Visa -- in, out, and on the fly.   Verification of signature is enough. 

"No Sir,  I am looking out for you, this card may stolen.  Its store policy to ask for ID with a credit card purchase"

"Are you implying that I may be or look like a thief?   Did you know that its a violation of Visa's policy to ask for an ID?  Just swipe the card Master Chief and verify my signature."

"Well we really need to see your ID.  We want to be sure this card is not stolen."

"Well Cockbreath so might the money in my wallet but you don't ask to see ID there do ya.   What if this Driver's License to verify that "stolen" credit card is stolen also?   As long as the two verify each other what do you solve?   You will just verify a stolen card transaction anyways."

"Well Sir you don't have to be quite so rude about it. "

"Again Bono let me clarify that in the eyes of the law, the fact that I have this credit card is ID enough of who I am.  I gave up my first born, my left testicle, and 3 pints of blood to obtain this card in good standing from my bank.  The fact that I carry this card is a testament to who I am."

"Sir, I........."

"Now if I looked as scratty as you I would not be offended that you asked for verification.  Let me ask you this, when I leave are you going to call in the plates on my car too? "

"Maybe you should check the dumpster in the back for a dead body.   I might be wearing stolen clothes too!"

[lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol]

dude after the next herf we need to go to gamestop together.  just for shits and giggles.  great point on the holier than thou thing.  i love it.  lol.  like having shitty hair, crappy facial hair, wrecked clothes and smelling like shit is something to be proud of. 

just how the eff does this place stay in business???  i mean screwing every tom, dick and harry left and right.  buy back an xbox for $10.  poor little kid's like ok.  buy back mario kart for $10 put it on the shelf for $30.  i love while waiting on line telling all the trade ins what their games will go for on ebay and then sending them on their way. 
and i have to admit.  i am such a loser. 

there are my five and 7 year old boys one on "bass" one on guitar", my three year old daughter screaming ooh-wah-ah-ah-ah into the mic at the beginning of the disturbed song (it's the only words she knows) and their retarded old man sitting on the couch behind a plastic drum kit banging away like a three dollar john henry bonham. 

this game is like freaking crack.  i'm no gamer boy type but this shit is a lot of fun.
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:and i have to admit.  i am such a loser. 

there are my five and 7 year old boys one on "bass" one on guitar", my three year old daughter screaming ooh-wah-ah-ah-ah into the mic at the beginning of the disturbed song (it's the only words she knows) and their retarded old man sitting on the couch behind a plastic drum kit banging away like a three dollar john henry bonham. 

this game is like freaking crack.  i'm no gamer boy type but this SHIT is a lot of fun.
there's a you-tube vid in the making.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:The christmas good will ends abruptly doesn't it.

i think it's more a case of people's patience being pushed beyond any semblence of reasonable expectation.  i mean you're expecting a return rush.  be prepared for it.  have your gig in order.  be properly stocked.  know return and exchange protocol.  have adequate stffing.  the way i see it you go to macy's and it's all in order.  no worries.  little line.  but it's all in order.  they even give you a $10 coupon if you spend the return money in the macy's.  no worries.  no problems.  everyone's fine.

you go to this hell hole and it's game on.