Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weather
ok guys n i guess maybe some gals, weather, how big of a roll does it play in the burning of cigars? ive had a few that seemed fine before the light (not too soft), but after lighting and before the first third it seemed to get soggy and soft. after half was just funky. always seems to be when its raining (i smoke outside). am i imagining this or does it really happen that fast or is it some defect in the cigar or my brain?Huh
Never really had that problem. Are you smoking in the rain or is it just raining?

Do you have that problem any other time?
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I think your cigars are a little over humidified. I have noticed similar results with sticks i just received in mail. Most sticks are shipped wetter than they should be
No Justice, No Peace!
lol jimmie, just when its raining. i smoke under a covered patio at home and at work with the windows open, in the wheelhouse of a pushboat so i guess the airs always "wet". ive had two or three act this way and i wanna say it was when it was raining but i wasnt taking notes lol.

maybe nayslayer, the oldest ones i have are 2 1/2 months old. ive got an oasis in a 120ct humi and it seems to be doing pretty well holding the humidity. think im going to try to smoke only from my local smoke shop till i get some aged then start rotating from there.
never hurts to verify hygrometer, salt test it.
No Justice, No Peace!
Do you have a calibrated digital hygro? If not, you absolutely cannot rely on the oasis' humidity reading.
you know i read that salt test was important somewhere and never got around to it lol. thought it woulda effected all the cigars if it was off, guess i need to get in gear. just thought that once i picked up the oasis i was good. maybe need to not put all my trust in one aid. thanks

Just from experience, my old oasis was 9% off, and they're all known to be way off. Must compensate with a good calibrated digital hygro.
If it's just been a few, are these ones closest to the oasis? Just troubleshooting!
(04-24-2012, 05:39 PM)The542 Wrote: Just from experience, my old oasis was 9% off, and they're all known to be way off. Must compensate with a good calibrated digital hygro.
If it's just been a few, are these ones closest to the oasis? Just troubleshooting!

you know my wife just mentioned this to me and i got on to ask if the oasis could be wrong. deamn!!!! im testing my hygrometer now for about 2 hrs and its holding steady at 75*, i know not near long enough...thats gotta be it. you guys are good. lol seriously thanks for pointing me in the right direction, if nothing else you got me motivated. i plan to one day spend some $$$ on stogies and i need these kinks worked out. thanks