Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG
(01-07-2011, 09:48 AM)wtfdic Wrote: I have been thinking about doing this but my modem handles my Internet and Phone. I can not find a replacement that I can buy to do both. So I would still be stuck renting the modem for phone.

WTG Jim! That would solve your problem. Why can't you have 2? Moreover somebody has to make them and I'm sure way more that one of them, that you could buy. I thought the diff was the phone one has a battery backup like the one I had from comcast.

Well after 8 hours of dreaming I hit the PC jackpot. I thought it was late so the usage might have been low giving me a better test. WRONG!! WAHOO It's still thumpin at noon.

The most disturbing thing is that it wasn't the PC. I was getting close to what I was supposed to have and it was just slow. That said, I'm glad I didn't spend 3 grand for a badass pc to cruise the net when a $78 device gave me 60mbps when I was getting 12 and 400% faster. DAMN

[Image: 59147042.png]

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

(01-07-2011, 01:15 PM)tafdom Wrote:
(01-07-2011, 09:48 AM)wtfdic Wrote: I have been thinking about doing this but my modem handles my Internet and Phone. I can not find a replacement that I can buy to do both. So I would still be stuck renting the modem for phone.

WTG Jim! That would solve your problem. Why can't you have 2? Moreover somebody has to make them and I'm sure way more that one of them, that you could buy. I thought the diff was the phone one has a battery backup like the one I had from comcast.

Well after 8 hours of dreaming I hit the PC jackpot. I thought it was late so the usage might have been low giving me a better test. WRONG!! WAHOO It's still thumpin at noon.

The most disturbing thing is that it wasn't the PC. I was getting close to what I was supposed to have and it was just slow. That said, I'm glad I didn't spend 3 grand for a badass pc to cruise the net when a $78 device gave me 60mbps when I was getting 12 and 400% faster. DAMN

[Image: 59147042.png]

The other differance to the one with phone is the phone jack!
--Mike
I don't know the search terms on what to look for. They have to be out there. Mine is back on sale with free ship for 78. It was off the other day. They make one with a router too.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

That's my problem too I don't know what to search for.
--Mike
I'm supposed to talk to my comcast tech again tonight. The one that told me what to get and got me going last night. I'll ask him what you need. We'll get this figured out if you want.

(01-07-2011, 01:50 PM)tafdom Wrote: I'm supposed to talk to my comcast tech again tonight. The one that told me what to get and got me going last night. I'll ask him what you need. We'll get this figured out if you want.

Thanks brother I appreciate it.
--Mike
wow i dream of a connection like that .......
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic
Congrats T. Enjoy the speed!
I paid $78 with free shipping.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I have an app that tests net speed ..... speedtest.net

not sure if it will work over there, but it lets me see the speed of the internet Ping, Upload and Download in my house.

May be worth a try

My ping is 202
Download is 5.71mbps
upload is 1.37mbps

not bad concidering my main server is 65 miles away in Aberdeen