Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How did you start smoking?
Needed something to ease the stress in life. Cigars were the answers...
I started working for a cigar company when I was 19. Learned a lot about them - the growing process, the anatomy of the sticks, the characteristics, etc... That's what got me hooked. The art of taking a tobacco seed and making it into a hand-rolled cigar is compelling. And as I found out, delicious as well. A cigarette is made by a couple machines from tobacco scraps picked up off the floor and mixed with a bunch of chemicals. My cigar was planned, hand picked, fermented, blended and hand rolled... which sounds a lot better in my book. I'm not knocking cigarette smokers, I'm just stating my reasons.
Hum, ABOUT 2 or 3 years old, Gramps and everyone almost did it, so I gave it a whirl. Didn't tryt the chemical ones ie factory made cigs or cheap cigars till after 16 and 21 respectively - I even enjoyed a pipe time to time but didn't have anyone to learn from how to work it so I mainly stuck to cigars and cigs.
I just realized that I never posted in this thread.

I had my first cigar in Iraq 2008 and one a week or so after that. I stopped for a few years and picked it back up again. I have gotten to know so many awesome people through cigars.
Git R Dun!
Believe it or not, my son bought me a cuban when he graduated from college. I'd only tried cheap cigars prior and didn't care much,,,ohhh the difference a good cigar makes.
My wife bought me a box of punch punch maduro and I've been sick since. Father's Day Thompson Cigar special I do believe. 
I started to smoke while I was in the Coast Guard. It was a great way to relax at the end of a 12 to 20 work day.
I've had a couple cigarillo's back in the 18's and 2 months ago I started working at a cigar shop and now I smoke like 1-3 a day lol definitely do not have money for this but somehow I keep buying them haha my fav so far is the 7-20-4 hustler
Nice, thanks for sharing Nimage.
That happens to most of us. lol
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore