Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wrapper problems
Hello everyone,

I bought a cigar this weekend and then went on a date. I left the cigar in my car

thinking i was going to put it in my humidor at the end of the night but I ended up

getting home late and forgot the cigar in the car by the cup holder over night. In the

mourning I remembered that i left it in the car so I went to get it and the car was hot

but the cigar look fine, a little hot but ok. I let it sit in an empty AF cigar box for an

hour and then put it in the humi. Later in the day I looked at the cigar and the

wrapper was wrinkly....it looked like an old mans skin. its been in there since sunday

and its still the same......guys what should I do.
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
Leave it in the humi until it recovers some humidity. Do it slowly or the wrapper may split. It will also taste a little different than others that haven't been dried out, but it should still smoke ok once it comes back. At least that's what I did when the same thing happened to me.

The cigar, not the date. Smile
well the date went fine....and the cigar now seems to be turning around.....the wrinkles are getting smaller......I will leave it in for some time and keep u posted on the progress.
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
[spam]i just always wanted to use this...looks funny.
George Carlin
some people think that if a cigar is subject to excessive heat you should isolate it for a while. The reason being if there are any beatle eggs inthere, they will hatch over 80 degrees.

Now, I am of the opinion that a cigar and the tobacco reach in excess of this temperature many times during it's life from picking off the plant, rolling, storage and shipping. So I am less concerned, but it probably isn't a bad idea to use a baggie or something when you think you may be at risk.

But be advised, a beatle and and will eat thought cello, plastic and or wood. So the baggie is only a temporary precaution that may buy you an extra day to see the problem before it becomes an infestation.