Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Four Roses bourbon has made it to Texas!
Finally! [bravo]

Was able to pick up a bottle of Small Batch at my local liquor story yesterday. That's some seriously smooth bourbon! They had the Yellow Label and Single Barrel on the shelf, as well.

In somewhat related news, I put in an order for three bottles of George T. Stagg when I saw this year's BTAC release had started arriving. Cool

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
I can't believe it's just making it down there. Congrats

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Excellent bourbon to say the least.  I had my first taste at the Pensacola herf and have not had it since.  I may need to invade Gunnar's liquor cabinet.
Good stuff indeed. Smokey was kind enough to get me a bottle along with some Buffalo Trace.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
US_Tank Wrote:Excellent bourbon to say the least.  I had my first taste at the Pensacola herf and have not had it since.  I may need to invade Gunnar's liquor cabinet.
Confusedhock:...  Ummmmm..... we don't carry that up here....  get the f#@k away from my booze!  I'm outta good rum because if you!Tongue

There may be some great stuff in the future!Wink
great score, four roses makes some mighty fine booze
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
which one do you guys recommend? my local store has, if i recall correctly, the yellow label, small batch, and the single barrel. not a bad price on this stuff either, but the guy didn't know anything about it. so i come to you guys for pointers.
Mac and I drink the single barrel.
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
My second bottle of Four Roses, I sprang for the Single Barrel. I definitely like it, and think it's probably worth the extra $11.

Thing is, it's sneaky. Damn 100-proof hootch fools me every time! I love cask strength expressions in bourbon and Scotch, but with those, you KNOW you're drinking serious whiskey. 100-proof, not enough stronger to set off any alarms, just tastes richer, better, more complex.

Then after your usual number of drinks, you wonder why you can't type for shit, or walk straight anymore! [lol]

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Not A Nice Person Wrote:Then after your usual number of drinks, you wonder why you can't type for SHIT, or walk straight anymore! [lol]

NANP™
[cigar]
I had that problem the other night.
Honorary Shield Brother