Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CI/CBID Threatens to Sue Local Cigar Event
CI has become one big giant toilet run by a bunch of morons........they have not gotten any of my business in a very long time. My problem mainly stems from  the way Cbid is run.
That's a big pile of crap.  We're not talking about someone trying to sell cigars under a unique name.  This is a handful of guys getting together and getting some stores to sponser their herf.  If CI/CBid were smart about preserving their trademark and building bridges to the community, they could offer to license it to Woith for a one-time event for $1.  Really, I don't know why these guys just aren't more creative.  It would cost them less in the long run.
I am one of the organizers/promoters of the Midwest Cigar ????? and wanted to say I appreciate all the discussion regarding the trademark and name issue.

The reply from Trish at CI mentions an offer of free cigars for our event.  That is correct.  We haven't previously mentioned it because we were advised we could be violating privacy by releasing specifics from CI e-mails, and given the tone of their    e-mails about the name we didn't want to take any other chances and be subjected to another lawsuit threat.

But since CI has itself released that information, we will confirm it.  We also want everyone to know we declined the offer because we did not want CI involved in any way with our event.  We feel as strongly about our position as they do about theirs, and we felt accepting their "offer" of cigars would compromise our position and give them an "in" of sorts with our event.

Trish's response was quite cordial, in stark contrast to the e-mails we received about the name.  With CI's permission, we will gladly post the full sequence of e-mails on our website for all to read. Then everyone can make their own conclusion regarding whether we should have accepted their "offer" of cigars.
I've borderline carried their water around here at times but I've not given them much business lately.  This will seal that fate.  I can't say I won't hit the store front as that to me is a local B & M but I can't even say that for sure.

It's crap that "CigarFest" is their intellectual capital!  If they TM "Herf" than based on that logic nobody can use that without their permission either.  "As fellow lovers of the leaf" they can kiss my ass as well.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Maduro PiPs Wrote:CI sucks BIG FAT ELEPHANT C$CK!! Screw them.....

[lol][lol][lol][lol]

i couldn't have put it any better...[happy]

-jesse
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
I had so many issues with them in the past and that damn C-Bid is a big scam....ringers all over that place. BIDDERS BEWARE!

They are known to sell inferior product...seconds and such of top brands. The only KNOWN SITE that sells 100 different lines of GURKHA in which 80% is unknown on the official Gurkha site. The Rocky Patel OSG....another bullshit scrap pile that Rocky didnt know what to do with. You really think if it was that good, he wouldn't market it himself???? The list goes on....... And it's also funny how on ANY order ever received from CI, none of the packaging matches the real packaging from any B/Ms. There are so many corners cut here...its sad and the cigar community needs to wake up and stop supporting this scam.

Have yet to smoke a Gurkha from them that tasted like the REAL Gurkhas from the B/Ms! They use the bait and switch tactic with items at times and this was seen by multiple people just on this forum alone. Padilla and CAO to name two.

They have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on their website, that I want, that I cant get anywhere else.

#1 retailer???? HAHAHAHAHAH.....who voted on that? The RINGERS in C-Bid?
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
Which explains in large part why we didn't want them to have anything to do with our festival and we turned down their "offer" of cigars.  We didn't want the quality of our event to suffer!
You did the right thing CFG.....you dont need second rate cigars to ruin your event or even give in by taking their hand out....like anyone would need it anyway. Good for you...and hope your event still Kicks Ass! Too bad I'm an East Coast guy...I would be there! Smile
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
I too have sent an e-mail to CI requesting to be removed from their customer lists. Have not yet had a reply & don't know if I'll get one.

Big Luke I wish the best to you and your event. Wish I could make it myself.
Headley Wrote:I've borderline carried their water around here at times but I've not given them much business lately.  This will seal that fate.  I can't say I won't hit the store front as that to me is a local B & M but I can't even say that for sure.

It's crap that "CigarFest" is their intellectual capital!  If they TM "Herf" than based on that logic nobody can use that without their permission either.  "As fellow lovers of the leaf" they can kiss my ass as well.

Lets apply for an international trademark on the word "Herf", with a description explaining in detail exactly what it means.

We could then sue the shit out of companies like CI/CBid for using it in any advertising and make the funds aquired available to any BOTL to provide for their Herfs.

See how dumb that sounds?

Yet there are smart ass lawyers sitting around these big companies and actually concidering highjacking words or sayings that have been around for years to do exactly that.

They offered some cigars .......... big deal .......... are they seriously comparing themselves to Coke, Pepsi and Kleenex?

These guys are so up their own arse's its unbelievable.

F*%k em, and more fool anybody who wishes to spend their hard earned with companies with morals like this.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why