Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon Fire?
I have been kicking around the idea of canceling the cable and getting a Roku or Chromecast. I feel I need to get the Amazon Fire now, just because of the commercials with Gary Busey. I know some of you guys are pretty knowledgable on this kind of thing. So what's the scoop?
I like smoking lightning
I have been a chromate fan but lately have just been suing my phone and an mhl adaptor. Generally I have to ha e it plugged in when streaming anyways so it does not die on me so I saw not reason not to just use mhl for a connection and not have to deal with wifi at all.
--Mike
I have a Chromecast and I love it. Didn't think I'd use it with all the other streaming devices I have in the house (a couple 360's, a couple ps3's, a ps4 an xbone, a Sony network player) but I find it to be my preferred device. I mostly use it for hbogo and Netflix, but sometimes stream an mlb.TV game to it. Just wish it did amazon instant video and shogo. Hopefully someday.
I have a Roku, and like it a lot. There are a lot of the mainstream channels - Amazon, Netflix, etc., plus some private channels too - smaller independent things that can be fun.

i have roku and chomecast... If I didn't have the roku I'd get the fire. Simply because I read a very intelligent review that puts the fire above the roku. Roku channels are pretty limited (no youtube).
I find chromecast a bit limited too (oddly, from your phone you cannot watch anything you get on your browser-but you can link your browser frm your PC as long as it's on the same network)

I'm thinking that in a few years we'll have the ideal device. Meanwhile I have cable and both devices. And cable is here to stay with me for a few reasons... Ray Donovan being one of them
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
so my sis bought a amazon firestick and i put KODI on it kodi is amazing and the firestick ran very smooth
Another interesting app (Kodi).
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Hmmm...I've never heard of Kodi. I'll have to check it out.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
+1 for Kodi, never rent another movie.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
(12-05-2015, 04:32 PM)Benfishin1 Wrote: +1 for Kodi, never rent another movie.

If I understand it...the Kodi app just enables you to view the content, in many different formats...but you still have to find & download the movies...it that correct?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles