Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so i get this email today
i am pretty sure most of you are on the famous smoke shop email list an have got the stand up for our rights about the fda wanna put a ban, cap or whatever what have you on the cigars we all love. well i did the lil survey sent a pre written email to my senator an this is what i got back. now i am not a political man myself but maybe some of you guys know what he is talking about lmao. the email reads thus far:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the regulation of premium cigars . I am glad to have the benefit of your views on this issue.

On August 1, 2011, Senator Bill Nelson (D-FL) introduced the Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act of 2011. This legislation would exempt traditional large and premium cigars from regulation by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration ( FDA ) . It would also exempt user fees assessed on tobacco products by the FDA. Currently the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions is considering this legislation.

Be assured I will keep your views in mind as Congress considers legislation affecting traditional cigar manufacturing. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever assist you.

With best wishes, I am

Sincerely yours,
Roger F.Wicker
U.S. Senate

I received similar emails as well.
No Justice, No Peace!
Hmmmmm.....I never trust any politicians....but still...

Any idea by what they mean as "premium cigars"?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I got the same one from my a$$ wipe politician.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
They are all using the same form letter. Bunch of scumbags every last one of them.
well good now i don't feel like the only prom dateless a hole lmao i thought that thing sounded kinda "scripted" lmao thanks guys
I received the same when I did it.

Not un-common to setup a program that will reply with a prewritten message when a prewritten message is received. Their system will still keep track of how many of that letter they receive. Hey, they put no more or less effort into their reply than I did when sent my pre-written letter, I'm not offended. If they weren't filtered, their mailboxes would be flooded with the same letter. They don't need to read every one of them, just know how many of the same they've gotten.

Go the extra mile, as I did, and give a Senators office a phone call or setup an appointment for a sit down if possible, that has a great impact! Remember to be courteous and professional - but don't forget to be passionate as well!

Thanks for being active to everyone who has responded and sent a letter, every little bit helps!
(11-01-2011, 08:26 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: I got the same one from my a$$ wipe politician.

tell us how you really feel jim.
As with all politicians the answer is, I will tell you anything you want to hear and do what ever I need to fill my pockets as I watch you starve Smile Hey but good luck on your cigars LOL!
Branden

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi
Isnt that the truth.
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham