Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any disc golfers out there?
I've recently found my way into the disc golf world. Great way to spend a few hours with some friends, drinks, and a couple nice cigars!
Yup been playing since the late 80's. Before we actually had baskets
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
(07-02-2011, 12:12 PM)GMJager Wrote: I've recently found my way into the disc golf world. Great way to spend a few hours with some friends, drinks, and a couple nice cigars!
So what do you throw? How are the courses out there? I am supposed to go to a tournament called the OLP - One Lung Pony. It's a three day tournament in Lake Tahoe. By the time your done you can't even lift your arms
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
(08-03-2011, 01:14 PM)-PO- Wrote:
(07-02-2011, 12:12 PM)GMJager Wrote: I've recently found my way into the disc golf world. Great way to spend a few hours with some friends, drinks, and a couple nice cigars!
So what do you throw? How are the courses out there? I am supposed to go to a tournament called the OLP - One Lung Pony. It's a three day tournament in Lake Tahoe. By the time your done you can't even lift your arms

Right now, since I'm just starting, I'm using a Innova Orc 172 g disc, and a Innova Aviar putt/approach. The putt and approach disc is used as my driver and my Orc is used as my putter (complete opposites of intended use... but it works great for me)
Also, the courses aren't too terrible in Norhern Virginia (fairfax, lorton, pohick bay area). Back in ohio where I go to school we have a really nicce course the goes all through campus that I have yet to get on.
(08-07-2011, 11:18 AM)GMJager Wrote: Also, the courses aren't too terrible in Norhern Virginia (fairfax, lorton, pohick bay area). Back in ohio where I go to school we have a really nicce course the goes all through campus that I have yet to get on.
All I can say is stick with it. It's a great time for beer and cigars and super laid back. I need to get my arse back out on the course and play soon. I have been slacking
(08-07-2011, 03:31 PM)-PO- Wrote:
(08-07-2011, 11:18 AM)GMJager Wrote: Also, the courses aren't too terrible in Norhern Virginia (fairfax, lorton, pohick bay area). Back in ohio where I go to school we have a really nicce course the goes all through campus that I have yet to get on.
All I can say is stick with it. It's a great time for beer and cigars and super laid back. I need to get my arse back out on the course and play soon. I have been slacking

Agreed. Its a great time regardless of how good you are. Thats where I have done most of my smoking this summer.
Been playing for about 20 years here. We have a ton of courses in MN. They all used to be free but some are currently starting to become paid courses. Nothing too expensive and they made some HUGE improvements to one in particular that is now a fee course so I really don't mind but I remember the days. Played in a league for a few years up here and still have my original ball marker with my PDGA registration number on it!Tongue I have discs from back in the day when the Innova guys used to drive around course to course selling discs out of the back of this B2000 and you could trade them hippy lettuce for a disc or two...Cool
(08-07-2011, 05:56 PM)macallan2 Wrote: Been playing for about 20 years here. We have a ton of courses in MN. They all used to be free but some are currently starting to become paid courses. Nothing too expensive and they made some HUGE improvements to one in particular that is now a fee course so I really don't mind but I remember the days. Played in a league for a few years up here and still have my original ball marker with my PDGA registration number on it!Tongue I have discs from back in the day when the Innova guys used to drive around course to course selling discs out of the back of this B2000 and you could trade them hippy lettuce for a disc or two...Cool
Yup Gunner those where the good old days.
(08-07-2011, 09:55 PM)-PO- Wrote:
(08-07-2011, 05:56 PM)macallan2 Wrote: Been playing for about 20 years here. We have a ton of courses in MN. They all used to be free but some are currently starting to become paid courses. Nothing too expensive and they made some HUGE improvements to one in particular that is now a fee course so I really don't mind but I remember the days. Played in a league for a few years up here and still have my original ball marker with my PDGA registration number on it!Tongue I have discs from back in the day when the Innova guys used to drive around course to course selling discs out of the back of this B2000 and you could trade them hippy lettuce for a disc or two...Cool
Yup Gunner those where the good old days.

I think this may have been a ways before my time... bunch of old farts! Big Grin