Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Have you ever seen this happen
This started out as a GREAT cigar but suddenly became nearly impossible to draw and nasty as you can imagine...then I looked at the cut and saw this...

[Image: DSCN0641_edited-1.jpg]

I'm not going to mention the cigar - I'm gonna try it again

Have you ever seen that much tar/oil or whatever it is build up like that?
Been there. That stuff tastes like sh!t! Clip the end and you should be fine b
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Its a molasses infused cigar that the roller got a little happy with his brush? Honestly I hope to never run across that, that looks seriously nasty. If its a NC you got to let us know so I wont buy one lol.
Branden

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi
(12-28-2010, 08:40 PM)BDM53 Wrote: If its a NC you got to let us know so I wont buy one lol.

You can't go by the brand. I have had that happen to dog rockets all the way up to VSGs and Padrons.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
(12-28-2010, 08:43 PM)Mark Wrote:
(12-28-2010, 08:40 PM)BDM53 Wrote: If its a NC you got to let us know so I wont buy one lol.

You can't go by the brand. I have had that happen to dog rockets all the way up to VSGs and Padrons.

You just took the fun out of it, now I know I have a tar bomb waiting somewhere among my sticks one day Big Grin Not to change the topic hopefully but was this cigar aged/stored upwards instead of flat for a long period of time?

Branden

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi
I've had it happen once or twice... D scuztin
No Justice, No Peace!
(12-28-2010, 08:49 PM)BDM53 Wrote:
(12-28-2010, 08:43 PM)Mark Wrote:

You just took the fun out of it, now I know I have a tar bomb waiting somewhere among my sticks one day Big Grin Not to change the topic hopefully but was this cigar aged/stored upwards instead of flat for a long period of time?

Sorry for ruining your day lol. It has nothing to do with the way they are stored. It happens because one or more of the leaves used in the cigar were not fermented properly.

Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
I've been smoking since 99 and this is the first cigar its happened to. Next time I go to the shop I'm buying more...this has become a very popular smoke around here and I'm not judging it by one smoke
I have had that happen to me before. It sucks!
--Mike
It's just a tar booger. Not often like others say but it does happen across the board.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.