Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How much to clip from pointy capped cigars?
The Torpedo shaped serves a purpose by enhancing the cigar flavors and strength with its tapered head by allowing the complex flavors to meld before hitting your palate.Removing to Much defeats that.So less is more.
On figurados, I tend to use the Dickman cut - a 45 degree angle guillotine cut. The oblong shape of the cut head offers more surface area, and the smoke can be directed to the palate.

That being said, you can still take off as much or little as you prefer. Too little, and you can have a tarry buildup that can cause harsh and bitter flavors. Too much, and the wrapper will unravel. Find somewhere above where the cap ends that you are happy with. Smile
I cut as little as possible , if you cut to much it can unravel alot easier
1/4" to 3/8" for me.
I clip
just enough to get a good draw. Smile
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic
I have been using my V cutter on everything lately. It works great on torps.
I like smoking lightning
(06-01-2010, 04:57 PM)carl609 Wrote: I have been using my V cutter on everything lately. It works great on torps.

Yes indeed another SC listens to The Mum..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(06-01-2010, 09:53 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote:
(06-01-2010, 04:57 PM)carl609 Wrote: I have been using my V cutter on everything lately. It works great on torps.

Yes indeed another SC listens to The Mum..

Yeah, I should edit that post and add "all based on the advice of The Mum"
I like smoking lightning