Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports Cards
I was doing some spring cleaning recently and came across my old sports card collection from the early 90's and my dad's from the 70's. Found some cool stuff while upgrading the storage from the old shoe boxes his were in! Just curious if anyone else was a card collector?
(04-20-2010, 05:02 PM)MK 199 Wrote: I was doing some spring cleaning recently and came across my old sports card collection from the early 90's and my dad's from the 70's. Found some cool stuff while upgrading the storage from the old shoe boxes his were in! Just curious if anyone else was a card collector?

I collected baseball cards in 1988. Unfortunately, it was a very popular hobby at the time and card companies had to over produce in order to meet demand. Of course, this means cards of the Late-80's/Early-90's are quite common, which affects their value. As for your Dad's collection... there may be some treasures in there.
(04-20-2010, 05:18 PM)Pete Wrote:
(04-20-2010, 05:02 PM)MK 199 Wrote: I was doing some spring cleaning recently and came across my old sports card collection from the early 90's and my dad's from the 70's. Found some cool stuff while upgrading the storage from the old shoe boxes his were in! Just curious if anyone else was a card collector?

I collected baseball cards in 1988. Unfortunately, it was a very popular hobby at the time and card companies had to over produce in order to meet demand. Of course, this means cards of the Late-80's/Early-90's are quite common, which affects their value. As for your Dad's collection... there may be some treasures in there.

Yeah, most of my stuff isn't really worth much but brought back a lot of fun memories of collecting and trading them which is cool.

As for my dad's stuff the top find so far is some Roger Staubach rookie cards...also found some sweet O.J Simpson cards that would be worth more if he would of been "guilty" LMAO.
I collected a lot of cards in the late 80's and early 90's. I dont have anything of any real significant value, but it was a lot of fun.
I like smoking lightning
I have some from 80's and few from 90's, i think i started in 83. I have quite a few full sets and some from earlier time periods.
No Justice, No Peace!
I have a couple of sets of the first yesr of Upper Deck Baseball cards...still wrapped, never opened.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I was heavily in sports card collecting from the late 80's until about 1995. The market just became too darn over-saturated with product at that time.

My girlfriend (now my wife) always laughed at me since she thought it was funny that a grown man was "playing" with trading cards. This is she laughed until I sold a set of Tops NBA Basketball cards from the 1970's and got enough for it to completely pay for our honeymoon to England. She didn't laugh at me after that!
My Barry Bonds rookie cards have done well for me.... Big Grin
I held on to a few Pete Rose cards from the very late 70's/Early 80's. I should've kept the bubble gum instead.
(04-21-2010, 11:43 AM)Pete Wrote: I held on to a few Pete Rose cards from the very late 70's/Early 80's. I should've kept the bubble gum instead.

LOL
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore