Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Complete Bliss of Homebrewing
(01-06-2010, 05:42 PM)scott81425 Wrote: man, i wish i could homebrew. this looks like such fun!

Dude its so easy. I used to do all grain, which is kinda difficult to do, but you can turn out much better beer. But I am in the process or rebuilding my brewery, so right now I'm just doing stovetop extract batches. They are easy as pie. If you can boil water you can brew beer on your stove.

1. heat water
2. steep grains for an hr
3. remove grains and add extract
4. boil extract
5. add hops.
6. cool
7. add yeast
8. let ferment for 7-10 days
9. bottle or keg
10. wait another 7-10 days to carb
11. get sh!tfaced!
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
well, it's probably not in the cards for me right now, and i know we talked about it before, but what all do you need to get started? i'm sure i can come up with empty bottles, but what else do i need??
(01-06-2010, 06:10 PM)scott81425 Wrote: well, it's probably not in the cards for me right now, and i know we talked about it before, but what all do you need to get started? i'm sure i can come up with empty bottles, but what else do i need??

An extract beer kit of your choice

A boiling pot (3-5 gallons will work) Enamel or stainless

measuring cups

thermometer

beer bottle capper

A bottling bucket (7.5 gallon bucket with spigot)

6.5 gallon fermenter(carboy-glass or plastic)

Those are the basics brother...You can get a few more tools that will help, but those are the basics to start...
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
I need to fire mine back up. I haven't brewed since June!
I am going after a Steam beer this time.
would something like this get me started in the right direction??

http://cgi.ebay.com/Home-Brew-Equipment-...518e3902ac
Scott, that is a pretty nice set up for getting started. I was going to refer you to Northern Brewer (where I get most of my stuff, especially recipe kits or ingredients), but this looks to be a better deal. now just get a recipe kit and get brewin!
P.S. yes, still alive, still smoking and brewing as time, baby, and my sleep schedule allow. just had a moment where I could actually get in here, wanted to say hey.
Grant how have you been bro? Jump in the car with the Atlanta crew and get your butt to Pensacola.
(01-07-2010, 10:24 PM)scott81425 Wrote: would something like this get me started in the right direction??

http://cgi.ebay.com/Home-Brew-Equipment-...518e3902ac

Scott,

That kit is listed by: www.midwestsupplies.com I use them quite a bit. Do yourself a favor, and get a beer kit while you are at it, to save some cash on shipping.

Then....BREW AWAY!

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
My neighbor wants to work with me on a beer. He's been making wine for a while, and has done an extract beer or two.

If all goes like it should, we will be brewing a Chocolate Raspberry Stout next weekend! Best part about it, since we are splitting the cost it works out to just under $20 a person/case!!!

MMMMMMMM!

Hunlock that sounds wonderful!