StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: North Carolina Herf Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Well fellers, it's about time to start a NC Herf thread. Photos will be forthcoming.

The 1st herf occurred at Empire Cigar and the Brazilian steakhouse next door, with Mark & Brently in attendance:

http://www.stogiechat.com/cigar-forum/view_topic.php?id=12710&forum_id=23

The 2nd herf occurred on the back porch of B-Dub's corporate housing unit, where Mark & Brently enjoyed a PSD4 while freezing their balls off. Not wanting to remember such inextricable torture, no documentation was made of this event.

The 3rd herf occurred last night after I picked up my friend Josh (The Ambassador at work) and Mark71GTX. We puffed various cigars furiously while speeding toward the Flying Saucer in downtown Raleigh.

http://www.beerknurd.com/stores/raleigh

We quickly ordered our first round of beer along with Chips & Queso, Rocket Tots, and a Bratwurst Plate. While devouring these delicious offerings, we ordered round after round of stellar brew. My selections included:

Big Boss Angry Ale Kolsch
Highland Gaelic Tongue Mmmm...
Foothills Seeing Double IPA
Red Oak Battlefield Bock
2nd glass of Highland Gaelic

Then we asked our scantilly clad waitress if we could smoke cigars inside.
She shrugged and said, "Sure, why not?" [bravo]

In disbelief, I explained that the Memphis Flying Saucers would make us smoke outside. She reassured us that was not the case in Raleigh, NC... which was all the permission we needed before laying flame to foot!

Our first communal cigar was the Culebras from the Cordova Cigar Shop in Pensacola, Florida. These had a fairly large ring guage for a twisted culebras, yet they drew a bit tight. We felt that these were a bit on the mild side, but they definitely turned some heads at nearby tables. One gentleman even approached us before leaving with his companion.

Watching this large man approach from the corner of my eye, I was sure that I was going to have to clock this guy. But as it turned out, he thanked us for smoking and said that they smelled really good. His lady friend asked if they were Cuban. After assuring them that we would never partake of illegal contraband, Mark & I stuffed his pockets with select tobacco and sent them on their way.

Needing to get Josh back to his Japanese bride and beautiful children, who had been keeping Mrs. Dub and children company, we headed back to Fuquay-Varina where Mark introduced us to his wife Velana and treated us to a shot of Laphroig. With smokey peat goodness on the finish, we jumped in the Dubmobile and sped back to the capital city. Josh was dropped at home and gifted a Padilla Achilles Torpedo for a potential President's Day observance. Thus ended a perfectly relaxing Sunday afternoon with Brothers of the Leaf.

Good times have come to Raleigh, North Carolina! [7up]

Looks like the Ambassador is right on track.........[thumbsup]  Good times have definitely come to Raleigh.
Papa Smurf is on a roll, bringing good will to every neighborhood he frequents. [bravo2]
I've just sent an invitation to every North Carolinian on the forum to send me their phone number if they'd like to be invited next time. If there are any NC guests lurking around that would like to join us at our next herf, just sign up at StogieChat and send me a Private Message or drop me an email. The more the merrier!
WTF?  No pics?  Without pics, no herf happened....much less, legendary Tongue

seriously, glad to see stogie chatters herf[thumbsup] sounds like great times[cigar]
Fortunately, Josh snapped a couple photos on his phone.
I'll see if he can email them to me tomorrow for posting.
And they didn't hold you hostage??

I need to speak with Mark..
Are they aware you can eat as much as a deathrow inmates last meal? [lol]
I guess the guys had to sell their camera for some extra food money. LOL!

This thread means nothing till we see some pics!
It was and always is a blast!  My first trip to the Flying Saucer - I had a Samuel Smith's Russian Imperial Stout - always good... and followed it up with a Battlefield Bock - meh...  Enjoyed the conversations food, cigars, and beers. [thumbsup]   Looking forward to the next one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7