StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Seatbelt Ticket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Got a ticket the other day for not wearing my seat belt. The officer stopped me because he saw I was not wearing it. It was only a $25 fine. I wouldn't even have been mad about it except for the fact that the officer made a point to tell me that wearing my seat belt was for my own protection. I wish I had thought of it at the time but in Arkansas (the state in which I work and got the ticket) there is no helmet law for riding a motorcycle. I wish I had asked him if they just don't give a flip about the safety of motorcyclists.
It's the same in SC, seatbelts required; helmet optional.
(10-14-2010, 03:01 PM)Soulend Wrote: [ -> ]It's the same in SC, seatbelts required; helmet optional.

+1 for CT
Same in Florida too only the seat belt ticket is 116.00 and dont ask how I know this....SAM
The states where helmets are optional usually have a group or twenty fighting for this freedom. May want to join an organization dedicated to fighting to keep our freedoms free.
Wow, North Dakota herfs have changed me. Tongue
I collect seatbelt tickets...

By the way, the fine here is $35. But there is a $75 processing fee on them!
IMHO...

Riding w/o Seat Belt = Harder to Find the Body

Riding Helmetless = Natural Deselection

Riding without a seatbelt inside a protective cage full of airbags is one thing; but a good idea nonetheless. Riding without a helmet on a motorcycle is just STUPID if you ask me. (Not that anyone did.) Bikers should wear a helmet, leather jacket, jeans, and boots. Gloves are cool, too. You'll never catch me mounting a motorcycle without all the recommended gear. That's crazy.

Saw another bike wreck again the other day. The dude was on the ground, but alive and being attended to; and he was all decked out with the right armor. Trust me, you want to be wearing that stuff when you get hit. Not much of a shell, but a helluva lot better than none at all. You're riding invisible and unprotected for God's sake!
My opinion is that both should be a choice. I have been on many of calls where someone died because of the seat belt just like the ones I have been on where if they had worn it they would be alive.
If given a choice, I would wear both. In NJ we have no choices..
(10-14-2010, 03:35 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: [ -> ]If given a choice, I would wear both. In NJ we have no choices..
Same here in Cali Mum, one of the worst states to live in regarding laws but you gotta love the sunshine

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5