StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Seatbelt Ticket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I almost got a ticket for "using a cell phone while driving". The cop tried to get me to admit to it, I said nothing, he kept pushing, i said nothing... Finally he was like, "well i'll let you go with a warning"...

Fail Sauce.
Thanks for the input here guys. Just wanted to say I try not to talk politics because I believe in what this country was built on which is freedom and in voicing ones personal political views someone is bound to take it wrong. I will talk religion as I am not ashamed to be a bible believing Christian. I really enjoy this forum and hope to get to share a stogie with some of you guys someday. As far as the seat belts go I know I should wear it and I have taught my kids to wear it which they do without fail, I just forget sometimes out of old habit. The first truck I owned didn't even have them. I can remember as a small kid standing in the seat next to my mother while she drove. Times change though and it's the other guy you have to watch out for now.
(10-15-2010, 03:00 PM)Gus Wrote: [ -> ]I have gone as far as calling the cops when a friend who is way over the limit and driving drunk. Some would call that extreme.

I wouldnt call that extreme, and have threatened to do the same. I resort to the "disable my buddies car" technique occasionally. Somebodys couch is a lot more comfortable than a jail cell.
I don't have seatbelts in the mustang. :x 1965 the year before seatbelt laws. :p Some point ill get belts for it...
(10-15-2010, 07:57 PM)carl609 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2010, 03:00 PM)Gus Wrote: [ -> ]I have gone as far as calling the cops when a friend who is way over the limit and driving drunk. Some would call that extreme.

I wouldnt call that extreme, and have threatened to do the same. I resort to the "disable my buddies car" technique occasionally. Somebodys couch is a lot more comfortable than a jail cell.

Or dead. I remember quite a few years back, a drunk driver almost hit me as he was driving down th emiddle of the road in a huge cargo van, laughing his ass off. This was before everyone had cellphones...
still kind of wonder what came of that.
I am always amazed when people are willing to give up freedoms because the Government says to without a fight. If we want the Man to keep us safe we should petition for mandatory condom use whenever Buckit gets laid. God knows we'd all sleep better knowing there's mo chance of him reproducing.
Helmet laws suck.
I think we have to understand (which I know most of you do) that there are basically two types of laws. The ones to protect the individual drivers/riders like seatbelts and helmets. The there are the ones to protect other drivers like cell phone usage, drunk driving, so forth and so on. As a LEO, the latter are the ones I'm more concerned about. I couldn't care less if an adult wants to wear a seatbelt or helmet. He's an adult he knows the risks. As a driver, knowing the risks, I will always wear a seatbelt or helmet.
My two cents.

Btw, sorry you got a ticket. We cops can be assholes sometimes.
(10-16-2010, 10:35 AM)BlackKnight Wrote: [ -> ]I think we have to understand (which I know most of you do) that there are basically two types of laws. The ones to protect the individual drivers/riders like seatbelts and helmets. The there are the ones to protect other drivers like cell phone usage, drunk driving, so forth and so on. As a LEO, the latter are the ones I'm more concerned about. I couldn't care less if an adult wants to wear a seatbelt or helmet. He's an adult he knows the risks. As a driver, knowing the risks, I will always wear a seatbelt or helmet.
My two cents.

Btw, sorry you got a ticket. We cops can be assholes sometimes.

Also as a former LEO I agree with this too, the only reason I do like the laws is cause it does keep insurance down. If you don't want to wear your seatbelt I really don't care. I could honestly say (and I did just retire) that I couldn't tell you the last time I wrote a seatbelt summons. As far as helmets go it's the same thing I used to love riding in states with no helmet laws.
Most of the officers I know are very good guys. I am always respectful and try to pull way over so the officer isn't in any danger while walking up to the side of the vehicle. These guys are putting their lives on the line every time they have to pull someone over. They never know if the window they are approaching is going to be their last. It is not the LEO's that make the laws and I am very appreciative of the job they do (for not enough pay in most places). IMO it's the system that is out of control.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5