StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Scotch P0RN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This distillery burned down in 2004 after being closed for a few years.  The 17 yo pictured is no longer made and is getting harder to find.  It was about $70 when I got it.

[Image: Littlemill%2017.JPG]
Bowmore 25, this is being replaced by new packaging again for the 3rd time in about 8 years

[Image: Bowmore%2025.jpg]
A 19 yo Hart Brothers independent bottling of Highland Park from 1997. Only about 300 of these originally.  Pretty good stuff.

[Image: Highland%20Park%2019.JPG]
The Balvenie RumWood, provided by our very own Parkster who was kind enough to run out to the distillery to pick some up for myself and a few others.  I still owe you for that.

[Image: Balvenie%20RumWood%2014.JPG]
AVB Wrote:The Balvenie RumWood, provided by our very own Parkster who was kind enough to run out to the distillery to pick some up for myself and a few others.  I still owe you for that.
Great scotch, and yes, special thanks to the Parkster once again
1979 Mosstowie produced at the Miltonduff distillery.
Two Lomond stills were added to the Miltonduff distillery in 1964 in order to produce Mosstowie. The stills were replaced in 1981 with copies of the original Miltonduff stills and sold off. It is said  that the Lomond stills produced a heavier more oily whisky than that of Miltonduff. I'll find out whenever I get a bottle of Miltonduff.

[Image: Mosstowie%201979.JPG]
Nice find AVB.  Elgin, isn't that where our friend Dave resides?
Ardbeg 1977, for some reason I never did get the box or insert which was probably why it was cheap when I bought it.  Can't find one for under $300 now.

[Image: Ardbeg%201977.JPG]
Your collection still never ceases to amaze, Ray Smile
Elgin is where I do indeed reside these days ..... bang smack in the middle of Malt Country and 5 minutes away from G&M's wonderous store.