Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NHL Playoffs?
BuffaloBill Wrote:Yep. Game on!

Bad news in Philly.  Kimmo Timonen is out for the remainder of the playoffs with a blood clot in his ankle.  Not good. 

I heard that.  Shit.  They said indefinetly anyways.  Might be hope I hope.
Dallas played hard to start.  But the Wings were impressive.
The Red Wings are damn tough!
The Stars sure looked tough tonight! I thought they were worn out in game 3, but that was different team on the ice for game 4.  After that first period, with all those power plays and no goals, I had a bad feeling...but they FINALLY got it going.  Really looking forward to the next one.

Wings up 1-0
The Pens have the young superstars, but they're no match for the Wings' depth and experience.

I'm thinking Detroit it 5.  Unless Crosby's totally awesome playoff beard can work some magic...
US_Tank Wrote:Wings up 1-0
     Despite being a favorite for the Cup this season, I am still surprised by the Red Wings.  I don't how many times they were really tested this season.  Due to the current schedule format, they played 32 games within the weakest Division in the NHL.  Furthermore, they are the softest team in the Western Conference. 

Due credit, though -  they played one hell of a Third Period this evening.  Their defense has been spectacular all season in  not allowing second and third chances.

"20 figure skaters have never won the Cup and 20 figure skaters never will."

-Freddie "The Fog" Shero
Pete Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:Wings up 1-0
     Despite being a favorite for the Cup this season, I am still surprised by the Red Wings.  I don't how many times they were really tested this season.  Due to the current schedule format, they played 32 games within the weakest Division in the NHL.  Furthermore, they are the softest team in the Western Conference. 

Due credit, though -  they played one hell of a Third Period this evening.  Their defense has been spectacular all season in  not allowing second and third chances.

"20 figure skaters have never won the Cup and 20 figure skaters never will."

-Freddie "The Fog" Shero

You forgot "HOT" goalie!
[user=932]US_Tank[/user] wrote:
Quote:You forgot "HOT" goalieS!
     Corrected Tongue - although Osgood and Hasek are used to facing about 20 shots per game.  When they are forced to take on more is when the begin coughing up the goals.  I'm sure it's every team intention to put as many shots on Osgood/Hasek as possible.  Of course, if the Pens are spending half their night on the PK, they're going to have trouble doing that.
Osgood faced 25 shots and looked flawless!