Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accessories
Would this be an alright hygrometer for my coolerdor?
http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?screen=PROD&Store_code=ch&Product_code=DIGITAL-ROUND&category_code=hygrometers
MK 199 Wrote:Would this be an alright hygrometer for my coolerdor?
http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?screen=PROD&Store_code=ch&Product_code=DIGITAL-ROUND&category_code=hygrometers

Along with a few others...I have 2 of these...

http://www.cigarmony.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=80

I bought 1 with the Boveda pack & 1 without.

The calibration can be adjusted on these.

Use should also salt test whatever you choose, as they can be be off in their readings.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
[Image: HYGROSETII1.gif]I have 3 of these.gotem at cheaphumidors.HygroSet Round Digital $25.00
Thanks guys for the advice. I just noticed a big crack in the cooler I was planning on using so im headin to the store tomorrow to pick up a new one and then putting in my order for a hygrometer and beads and im pretty excited.
Kinda fun isn't it?  Smile
Cooler and beads = the way to go.  The seal on a cooler can't be beat and the beads are worry free.  Plus, if you end up thinking that this 'hobby' isn't for you, you can still use the cooler for capri suns and hawaiian punch like sergione and jeebus.Wink

Ask your local B&M shop for some old cigar boxes to put in your cooler.  The cedar will smell great and help with humidity and storage of your cigars.
Make sure you post pictures of your project.  Good luck.

Quote:I think you're 100% right on in terms of your storage plans.
Too many times I've seen folks go out and spend a bunch of money on a 50 or 100-count desktop humidor, fill it up, buy another one, fill it up, and then buy another one before realizing that they've invested so much money in several small storage spaces that all need separate maintainance, when they could have gotten a good sized cooler for far less and used that cash to fill it with some primo stuff.
oh man you missed the big point to the smaller humidors.... have one in every room as a just in case! Having a humidor in every room is like a dog marking his territory. Smile
jsaucedo Wrote:
Quote:I think you're 100% right on in terms of your storage plans.
Too many times I've seen folks go out and spend a bunch of money on a 50 or 100-count desktop humidor, fill it up, buy another one, fill it up, and then buy another one before realizing that they've invested so much money in several small storage spaces that all need separate maintainance, when they could have gotten a good sized cooler for far less and used that cash to fill it with some primo stuff.
oh man you missed the big point to the smaller humidors.... have one in every room as a just in case! Having a humidor in every room is like a dog marking his territory. Smile
Hello my name is jsaucedo and I am a cigaroholic lol