Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something is VERY wrong in my coolidor.
tafdom Wrote:They do seal very well and need to be aired. Most important is scrubbing it with a baking soda paste to remove the plastic odor not to get to the cigars.  Good luck man.
The baking soda thing I did not know !! Which I am so glad you said as I am putting my coolerdor together as we speak.
BuddhaBill Wrote:The baking soda thing I did not know !! Which I am so glad you said as I am putting my coolerdor together as we speak.
   I didn't know until Fishound and Tafdom made mention of it, but it's very logical.  Considering the price of baking soda, you'd be crazy NOT to take the precaution. 
They have always told you to put a box in your fridge because it removes odor. In the resturant when you burn / scorch a pot of beans/sauce or anything that burned the bottom. Dump it into another pan add soda and the scorch taste was GONE. Good luck man.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.