Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New humi ALMOST ready....
BigPhil31 Wrote:Thanks for the info fellas.  I was about to start filling it when I got sent offshore.  I work on oil rigs as an engineer which equates to exactly zero schedule.  I guess it'll have to sit there for another 2 weeks give or take until I get back at which point I plan to go to the local B&M and drop several $$$ on some smokes. 

Since I don't have a lot of cigars under my belt, I pretty much plan to make a list of all the cigars rated 90+ that I read about and also any suggestions I read on these message boards and go buy them. 

Probably only 1 or 2 of each incase I don't like them.  Anyone have a website that they trust as far as ratings and such?  I've already subscribed to C.A.
GREAT looking humidor!  You'll have a lot of fun filling it! Wink  You're on the right track buying a stick or two and seeing what you like.  I'd recommend at least 2 of each so you get a better idea.  Trying them with different beverages changes the taste so don't jump on one or toss one without noting first what you're drinking/eating just before you smoke the cigar.

It's hard to go wrong with Padron or Fuente, and there are a LOT in both lines from which to choose.  Personally I also love LFDs, 601 Green and Don Pepin Black Label...usually the figurados. 

Call my local, Cordova Cigars, and they'll get you set up right!  At least they can make additional recommendations if you're looking for something light and tasty or full-bodied, kick-your-butt strong (and still tasty!)  The entire staff is helpful.     

Agreed with what MaduroAccountant said about calling Robbie..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Awesome job and a great looking humi. Good luck with the fill.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Great looking 'dor!Big Grin
Great set up.  I agree.  Call Robbie and/or Eric here at TBS and just talk to them.  They will get you started off right.
As far as great retailers ...Robbie at cordova is the man ...Also as far as sites with reviews ...YOU ARE ONE IT!! I trust my fellow BOTL much more that some schmuck at Cigar afficianado who smokes 1/3 of the cigar and gives you a half assed review ....