Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FISHhound
Skip, I'm very sorry to hear this, and can only hope they can at least make him as comfortable as possible.  May God be with him and all who know and love him.
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
Looking at the pics, it just makes me want to scream.  Yep, life sucks and nobody said it was easy. The funny thing is you don't really get it until you've been there.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

John I'm speechless, my thoughts and prayers to Bob and all his loved ones.
its incredible how fast it all can happen.  best of luck to him and yourself!  im sure its not easy on a friend, so my thoughts are with him of course, and you skip.
davidwys Wrote:its incredible how fast it all can happen.  best of luck to him and yourself!  im sure its not easy on a friend, so my thoughts are with him of course, and you skip.
All I can say is:  I'm sorry and take it each day slowly and positively.
Very sorry for the news Skipper, thoughts and prayers for him and his loved ones.
Looking at the pic of him holding the fish I cant help but feel like a close friend, terrible this happend, just terrible
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
I spent an hour with Bob and his wife today. Smiles were few and far between. I did my best between the questions as to why and how...

a few months ago he was on my boat as healthy as ever. Tonight he was a shadow of his former self. He is down to under 120 pounds and now, besides terminal cancer he's a morphine addict. I left there exhausted and drained....

cancer just makes no sense.
Sorry to hear this Skipper.   Cancer sucks for sure!  Hang in there and let me know if you need anything!
Well, Bob isn't eating any more (not that he was eating much). His wife made the funeral arrangements so she would not have to deal with that afterwards... He is very very weak. They are praying now only that he lasts until after the holidays.

Talking to him is so difficult. I just never seem to know what to say...