Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 vegas series A
Well here is another review in my quest. I tried a 5 Vegas series A this week. I love to try as many as possible to find a few that stand out. First off, the construction was top notch.No major veins, nice oily sheen, very solid stick. Smell was rich but subtle. Light up was a sinch with a very nice draw. Good amounts of smoke with a pleasant spicy, earthy smell. Flavor was a bit dull to start but you could tell it was there. About half way through some leathery notes with a hint of chocolate and pepper struck my palate very smoothly. Last 1/3 was good stronger tasting and much more leathery than previous 2/3. good cool burn all the way down to the end.

Over all: Good stick for the price but would recomend aging these a bit to bring out the flavor. Not bad though for a $4-$5 stick.

Size was the Artisan 5x52.
I'm also a fan.   If you like these, the Nestor Reserve Maduro's are very, very similar.  I think they're like $49/25 torpedos, so it'll save you some cash.
Vitamin G Wrote:I'm also a fan.   If you like these, the Nestor Reserve Maduro's are very, very similar.  I think they're like $49/25 torpedos, so it'll save you some cash.

Also one of my favorite sticks...never tried the nestor reserve maduro's...but it won't be long now!

Good heads up man!

thanks!
Please see my nestor review. I like them also. They are getting better with age as well.
I am really like Nestor Miranda sticks.