Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A thanks to the ND Herf boys
I'm not sure if this belongs here, but it's here, so if it needs to be moved, just let me know.

I want to say thanks to Tank, Jimmie, Gunnar, PO, Bobgun.

With all the crap going on in the news, economy, the election, the war, the bitching, the moaning and general whining going on in our great nation right now, you guys reminded us all that friends and good times are always important, and no matter how bad it gets, we as friends, neighbors, and brothers can, and will keep smoking, drinking, and having a great time.  And if any of us have trouble, we can rest assured that the guys (and gals) of SC will be there to try and cheer us up.  The pictures were awesome, I found myself looking forward to them each and every day.

Thanks for keeping us smiling.

Here's to you guys, and here's to SC.

[irish1]    [guiness][guiness][guiness][guiness]
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
Yep, this is a great place..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Well put, but I am going to have to stop drinking for a little while. I think I broke my liver.Big Grin  This is truely a unique and fantastic place to be a part of.
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.
because of the great people here (& it's so well managed)
Well put Matt. [thumbsup] I couldn't have said it better.

Hey thanks Matt.  I have to tell you, joining Stogie Chat has changed my life.  I got to meet most of the east coast crew from Jersey, NY, and New England, some of the California guys,  Gunnar in MN, and Bobgun from Washington State.

You get to know these guys online and on the phone.  But after meeting them in person you feel like you have known them for 20 years.  This Herf was about friendship and cigars.  We had plenty of that going around this weekend.

Guys showed up and bombs started dropping.  It was great. 

Lewis & Clark used these 1801 peace medallions as tokens of friendship to give to the native indians they met in their travels.  The front of the coin has a young Jefferson and the back as you can see signifies friendship.   

The medals were made of two pieces of die struck silver and joined with a collar and pierced or fitted with rings for suspension.   They were made in 3 sizes and this is the smallest size.

This replica is sold at Fort Union where we visited.   Gunnar bought me one and presented it to me when we were on the balcony of the fort overlooking the Missouri River.   Very cool guesture of friendship!   Thanks Gunnar.

[Image: 102408020.jpg]
US_Tank Wrote: 

Hey thanks Matt.  I have to tell you, joining Stogie Chat has changed my life.  I got to meet most of the east coast crew from Jersey, NY, and New England, some of the California guys,  Gunnar in MN, and Bobgun from Washington State.

You get to know these guys online and on the phone.  But after meeting them in person you feel like you have known them for 20 years.  This Herf was about friendship and cigars.  We had plenty of that going around this weekend.

Guys showed up and bombs started dropping.  It was great. 

Lewis & Clark used these 1801 peace medallions as tokens of friendship to give to the native indians they met in their travels.  The front of the coin has a young Jefferson and the back as you can see signifies friendship.   

The medals were made of two pieces of die struck silver and joined with a collar and pierced or fitted with rings for suspension.   They were made in 3 sizes and this is the smallest size.

This replica is sold at Fort Union where we visited.   Gunnar bought me one and presented it to me when we were on the balcony of the fort overlooking the Missouri River.   Very cool guesture of friendship!   Thanks Gunnar.

[Image: 102408020.jpg]
Well, I can say that from my humble experience that Gunnar is a hell of a guy.  Being a relative newbie here, I've been welcomed and accepted.  Anything I've posted is from the heart.  Gunnar was kind enough to let me in on the box pass that he initiated with Bill, which I can now, thankfully, say has arrived to Bill safe and sound.  My box cherry has been popped, and I'm very thankfull to Gunnar for letting me be involved. 

I love the medalion, a better symbol for an experience such as what you guys had could not be found.
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
I'm glad I have SC to call home. Love the pictures of the ND herf and I wish I could have been there having a great time with the guys. Matt, I encourage you and other members to join any herfs that come up in the future within your geographic possibilities.

I haven't been to one bad SC herf yet [thumbsup]
Riofan Wrote:I'm glad I have SC to call home. Love the pictures of the ND herf and I wish I could have been there having a great time with the guys. Matt, I encourage you and other members to join any herfs that come up in the future within your geographic possibilities.

I haven't been to one bad SC herf yet [thumbsup]

heh, he hasn't herfed with Mahk yet Tongue

hahaha... j/k